Chapter 7

Sarah's p.o.v.

Alice and Mike met us in the bar. I have to admit that it's pretty nice. There sounded music from 40's and there weren't many people. My eyes stopped at the bar where I saw a familar face.

"Take a table. I'll join you in a minute," I said and went towards the bar.

"Tomorrow is work,"I sat next to him.

"I know, ma'am but few glasses don't make a big harm," Steve answered.

"Did you mean half bottle?" I smiled and pointed at half empty vodka bottle.

"Okay," he chuckled, "I can't get drunk."

"That's cool. I wish I couldn't."

"Actually I've never been drunk."

"You should be happy because next morning isn't the best. But you all right, Mr. Rogers?" I looked him in the eyes.

He seemed pretty sad.

"Yes. I have to go now. Have a nice evening ma'am," he stood up and so did I.

"Thanks," and he left.

I turned around and went to that table where John, Mike and Alice sat.

"Who was he?" Alice asked as I sat down.

"He's my new colleague," I answered.

"He seemed familiar," John said.

"Well there are 6 - 10 people on the Earth who look exactly like you. So probably you've seen someone who is similar to him," I smiled.

I don't know Steve at all but I'm already covering his ass.

"So that means there are people who look like we do but they're not we?" Alice was shocked.

"Really? You don't read facts?" I leaned back in the chair.

"Hey, stop it. We came here to have fun not to talk about science or what it is," John said and went to the bar.

He returned with bottle of vodka and four shot glasses.

"From one side I'm sad that you're leaving us but on the other side I'm really happy for you. So I hope you won't forget us," he poured vodka in glasses.

"Cheers!" and the glasses were empty.

It was burning my throat for a moment. John took the bottle and poured again. I drank this one too but I refused from the third one and they didn't try to persuade me.

"I love this song," John took my hand and stood up.

He went few steps and put his right hand on my waist and pulled me closer. I didn't know this song but it wasn't from the slow ones.

Alcohol had made me a bit dizzy but I felt amazing. I forgot about all that lies and S.H.I.E.L.D.

Third person's p.o.v.

"I can't understand why they're not married yet. They are so perfect together," Alice said looking how John and Sarah danced.

Actually they were dancing like professionals.

"I know but we can't force them to get married because they look perfect," Mike answered.

"But John loves her!"

"How do you know that?"

"Really? Even blind person can see that love in his eyes!"

"I'm not blind!" Mike told and drank another vodka shot.

"Do you think Sarah loves him? Not like best friend." Alice drank another shot too.

"If she would then they'd probably be married."

Song ended and they went back to their table.

Sarah's p.o.v.

"Hey! We need a selfie!" Jonh said and took his phone out of pocket.

"No!" I protested.

"Yes!" Mike and Alice shouted in unison.

"Majority agrees so you don't have a choice," John said with smile.

"I do have a choice!" I said and stood up but John cought me and pulled on his lap.

"C'mon. It's just a selfie," Alice said and looked at with puppy eyes.

That look usually doesn't work on me because I have a sister but this time it worked.

"Oh, God, fine," I rolled my eyes. 

I stood up and sat back in my chair, which I moved closer to Alice's.

"Ok, smile. And don't think about ruining it Sarah," John gave me I'm-serious-and-I'm-watcing-you look.

I rolled my eyes again. There wasn't a thought about that yet!

He took few photos and handed his phone to Mike.

"Sarah we need a photo too!"

"No, we don't," I answered.

"Oh, c'mon. What's wrong with you tonight?"

"Really? Fine," I wasn't in a photo and selfie mood tonight.

We stood up and John wraped his arm around my waist but I put my hand on his back. Mike took some photos and we sat down.

"Hey, let's take another drink!" Alice said and poured vodka in all glasses.

I drank it. Mike dragged Alice to dance.

"I was wondering maybe you want to go on date with me?" John said.

"Oh, God, we've talked about that million times!" I answered.

"But I'm not your boss anymore!"

"I don't care. No!"

"Just give us a chance," he begged.

"Look, you're my best friend and  I know that 'friend zone' sucks. I don't want that our friendship is awkward after that because it means too much for me," I said as I took his hand.

John moved with his chair next to me and and pulled me in his embrace.

"You like that guy you talked with when we came here, don't you?" he asked when let me.

"Hey! He's my new colleague and I'm just friendly," I playfuly nudged his shoulder.

"Okay, okay. I just asked!" he laughed.

Alice and Mike came back and we spent many hours in that bar talking, laughing, drinking and just having fun.