Chapter 21

Jack

As I get back to my senses, I look around me. The smell of ethyl alcohol and variety of medicine shelves awakened me fully. I hate how the hospital smelled. I'm currently inside of MTF. Military Treatment Facility. I sighed. I heard foots steps approaching the way.

The memory of me passing out at the oval entered my mind. Is that true? Toothiana's alive? I felt my heart beat fast as I think of it again. I saw Nurse Mari running very fast, opening the door. It revealed Hiccup in his military uniform which filled of badges and rewards. "You awake frost head?", Hiccup asked me.

"If I'm not how am I sitting down here?", I hissed at him. I stood up, messing my hair.

"There you are again with your grumpy attitude. They are waiting for you outside", Hiccup chuckled. Ignoring him, he walked with me until we exited the treatment facility in which we called infirmary.

"Jack!", a familiar voice squealed. Before I could react, I felt a pair of warm arms wrapped around my body. Our eyes met, her violet eyes looking worriedly at me. She cupped my cheeks, checking if I'm alright.

Cat got my tongue, I'm shocked. All this years I thought she's dead. Toothiana's here, in front of me.. Cupping my cheeks asking multiple questions. "Lieutenant...", is all I could say.

I glance at Hiccup, he's shocked as hell too. Captain North laughed, patting my back. "Hey don't be rude, talk back to Tooth", he said in his deep russian accent.

"Frost got his butt freezing", Captain Bunnymund chuckled. I don't want to act dramatic in front of other people. I hate being an open book.

"Shut up Kangaroo", I glared at Captain Bunnymund who gave me a wink and a mocking smile.

"Stop or I'll shove you back to your rabbit hole", I gritted my teeth. Bunnymund leaned in, crossing his arms. He raise both of his eyebrows.

"Oh yeah? Go ahead and try show pony", Captain Bunnymund talked back. For the moment, I felt myself getting irritated since I barely get rest because of teaching Private Elsa these past few weeks. Right, where did that idiot went?

Captain Sandy tugged on my sleeves, making signs using his hands. "I know. Can we go now? I'm okay b--Tooth", I almost called her our endearment.

"Okay as you say so",  Toothiana giggled. We started to walk, I saw Private Elsa standing beside the pillar with Private Corona and Private Dunbroch. They have their stares on us. I walked faster, ignoring my team's blabber and Hiccup's calling. He's telling me something, I didn't even care to listen.

We walked passed them. I didn't know what urged me to stop walking and glance at her pretty face. Elsa's not looking back at me. She's had her hand salute on us. I took my stare away from her and proceeded walking. I heard Hiccup stopped following behind us, he talked to the privates. Rolling my eyes, I scoffed.

"What's wrong?", North asked me.

"When will you stop asking?", I asked him. He was taken aback but decided to shrug it off. North is the most jolly and patient person you'll meet in your life.

"You're asking too", North winked. I rolled my eyes once again. We are now heading to our office. I flinched when Lieutenant Tooth touched my hand.

"Stop being grumpy for one second?", she pouted.

Shit.

"Tooth what are we doing here? Aren't you tired of walking? Oh right you have the energy of the tooth fairy. No wonder", I said. I felt my legs getting tired, we have been wandering the streets talking about random stuffs about her life.

"Stop being grumpy for one second. Look into my violet eyes and absorb the positivity!", Captain Tooth giggled as she held my hand. We are dating for three months now. I'm starting to love her cheerful personality.

"Fine, just this once", I chuckled kissing her cheek. We proceeded walking as our hands intertwined.

I know it felt so wrong that I kind of didn't feel anything towards her right now. All of those six years of waiting for her, begging God to bring her back... Getting myself drunk to sleep... It all seemed to wash away right now. I can't stop thinking about Private Arendelle. Everytime I get to think about her clumsiness and idiotic attitude, I can't help but to smile.

"Guess who's happy that Tooth was back?", North laughed. Sandy pointed at me. I saw in the corner of my eye that Captain Bunnymund rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"You're smiling too much Jackie, you didn't change", I'm shocked when Toothiana pecked my lips.

What's happening to me right now?

This didn't feel right.

I remember about Private Elsa falling on top of my chest, accidentally kissing her because of the slippery mud.

"Ah.. Yeah.. Haha", I said awkwardly. Scratching my nape, I met her violet eyes.

"Alright, we will assess the team shuffling. You guys have a couple of minutes to talk", Captain Bunnymund said patting my back. I nodded.

North winked at me as he whispered something to Sandy, Sandy looked at me and laughed. I smiled back to them as they left. Right now, me and Toothiana are a few meters away from the kennel.  Hugging her, I buried my face to her neck.

"Tooth I'm so sorry for not being able to do anything that day", I started to cry.

Toothiana giggled, patting my back. "There, there you big baby... It's okay. It was my choice to save you", she told me. I pulled her close to me, hugging her more. I admit that I miss her.. Super to be exact but the feeling I'm getting right now is unbalanced. I found myself not so attached to her anymore. Letting go of the hug, I cupped her cheeks. Her cheerful violet eyes looked back at mine. I leaned in to give her a kiss but I stopped when I saw a pair of big turquoise eyes looking back at me. I stopped cupping Toothiana's face, stepping aback. She's shocked. She's expecting a kiss and I didn't do it because it was Private Elsa that I kept on seeing... Instead of my ex fiancé.

Elsa is not even here.

"Jack are you okay?", Toothiana asked me.

"Y-yeah. Let's proceed to the kennel. Aren't we suppose to help cadets to train their dogs?", I changed the topic. 

Fuck.

Hope she didn't noticed that.

"Captain Hiccup is assigned there. General Moon told me to accompany you today", Toothiana said. She smiled at me. I didn't enter military and became a captain just to rest today. I need to put an action to his. I will be the one to help them train their dogs today.

"Tell Captain Haddock I refuse. Since you just arrived. Please rest", I was about to leave her when she grabbed my collar and pulled me to her, kissing me.

________________________________________

A/N;

Are there a chance for them to get back together?