Chapter 46

ELSA

My heart beat rapidly when I glance behind me. Panting, I curl my fingers tightly around the grip. Cautious and alert at all times. I feel the heat traveling from my chest up to my cheeks as I pant, my eyes are trembling. "Show yourself!", I shout.

Clenching my teeth, I wait for him to show up but Pitch did not. Putting the gun to the holster, I climb down the tower to head to the armed room.

He's going to pay for this.

If something happens to Jack, I'll tear Pitch Black. Limb to limb until he perish. Walking faster, I clutch my fist angrily. Breathing in, I put my hand on the door handle and twist it. I enter the armed room where I see Captain North, Lieutenant Toothiana, Captain Sandy and Captain Bunnymund wearing their battle uniforms. I run to the cadet's station and grabs mine, wearing, strapping everything tightly and checking everything if I'm good to go.

"Is everything settled? Nicholas! Aster! Are your soldiers in the line of the evac's borders?", I hear General Moon speak behind me. I walk towards the weapon storage. Everyone are moving fast inside the armed room, grabbing everything they need. We're in the middle of mortal and immortal's battle. Pitch casted a spell to his soldiers and the immortals performed a spell ceremony for the weapons this morning. To that, the weapons will be effective in killing the enemy.

"Sir, yes Sir!", Captain North and Captain Bunnymund salutes. Squad 2 leaves the room.

"Excellent, now I need Toothiana's squad to secure the perimeter as done in the training and as planned in the meeting, move! Move! Move!", General Moon commands.

"Sir yes Sir!", Lieutenant Toothiana salutes as squad 3 move in position and exits the room.

General Moon looks at me, his eyes turns purple. It means he trust me, thanking me for saving her wife. "You're welcome Sir!", I salute.

General Moon give everyone a smile. "Win the battle, no matter what. We shall protect humanity", he starts the oath. My heart beat fast, I speak along with the others. Proudly reciting it with our bodies in position, hand saluting and with full courage.

"....Shall protect humanity, risk our lives! We, the soldiers of Burgess, the country of Argess, the guardian of humanity will fight at all cost, dedicating our lives to God, the country and its people. We promise to perform our duty well without hesitation, broken promises and false hope! We, the defense of the nature will stand no matter what!", We all say as we salute.

"Attention!", We all stand up straight and put our hands to the side. "To your right side! Huh!", General Moon commands. "Step, side! In, Salute!", All of us salutes after we step our foot to the side and step our foot in. "To your stations!", He commands again with full voice.

"Sir yes Sir!", We shout.

After that, all of us go to our stations. Captain North activates the snow globe, whispering at it while gently shaking it in a circular motion. He then throw it to the ground,  Captain Sandy steps inside the portal with Lieutenant Toothiana. Captain North is about to enter when Captain Bunnymund hesitate.

"It will be alright", Captain North laughs.

"Uh, I think I'll take the tunnels", Captain Bunnymund says as he turns his heels. Ready to enter the bunny hole and jump when Captain North grabs the collar of Captain Bunny's uniform. "Come Private Elsa! We have a country to save and so as your fiancé!", Captain North's voice echoes as he enters the portal. I laugh and enter the portal with them.

As soon as all of us get out, I see Jack laying on the cold ground. His uniform's full of snow. I don't know what push me to attack Pitch as soon as I see his face. I feel my adrenaline throb and activate when I pull out the full-forged sword General Moon's second hand give me. I run and shield Jack with Pitch's sharp, black and silver spear. His spear that represents fear, negativity and loneliness.