Chapter 45

ELSA

'Elsa'

It looks like he knows that I will read his letter right away.

'I sincerely apologize leaving you like this. I don't want you to live with penalties, I want you to pass this year in being a soldier. I want you to fulfill your dream come true. I'm doing this for the both of us, in which I think is good. Forgive me, I know how stubborn you are. I know you will not let go of me. Somehow, I need to save you. The only answer is to guard you until the war is over. He raised his flag, he's soon to attack. We received a warning last night. I'm sorry to leave abruptly in times of crisis. Please live a long life, never give up your powers to Pitch. The plan is set, you know the signal. North will pick you up in your tent to line up, please survive snowflake. I want to see you receive rewards, your diploma, certificate and your badge. Do not come after me. Goodbye Elsa. Lastly, I love you. Move on, forget about me and live as if you never met me. This is an order as your boyfriend and your Captain.

Sincerely yours,
Captain Frost of Squad 1

Tears strolls down my cheeks, I can't believe he's telling me this. He's lying. Jack will never do this to me. The reason why he's leaving me is to save me from Pitch. That way the boogeyman will not covet my powers away from me. I fold the letter, shoving it inside of the bag. I walk out of the tent. I try to calm myself, I don't want to cry in midst of situation.

I do not know where he went.

He's hiding it from me.

Hiding.

We promised not to hide anything to each other and yet, he's breaking it.

He's breaking up with me?

I know the consequences, I'm ready to face that with him.

Gritting my teeth, I start to run fast to stop my tears from escaping.

"Elsa, where are you going?!", I hear Flynn calls me from afar.

"Elsa!", Adrien calls.

I ignore them, running as fast as I can away from the tent. I want to be alone, I want to breathe in fresh air so I am able to think thoroughly. I can't let him leave me like this. I have to drag him back to me. He's the first man I love, he can't do this to me and I can't do this to him.

I have to think of something better.

I stop at the tower, saying that I will be the one to patrol the night. Thankful, the cadet agree to me and goes down to take his break. The fresh breath of night breeze brushes my face, making me exhale softly. "Is there any other choice? Should I beg him to stay or should I let him leave after the war?". Clutching my hair, I prop my elbows on the railing of the patrol tower and close my eyes. I inhale, convincing myself that breathing in will help me think properly. "Think Elsa", I say after exhaling.

A bright idea comes in my mind, I quickly smile. How about I make a trade? I'll be the one to make the letter of apology, resignation and request? I need to save Jack's reputation too, I can't let anyone spread rumors and tarnish his job as a captain. I can't let others think that he's a fool for dating his student.

I clutch my hair tighter. To that, I sob hard. The tears that are flowing out of my eyes are like streams, uncontrollable and full of unexplainable noise of emotions. I grit my teeth as I cry. Wiping away my tears, I stand up and sniff. "I'm Elsa Arendelle, the daughter of the General Agnar... I can do this. I'm the love of Captain Jack Frost of squad one. I'm the friend of my beloved friends. There is no reason to be sad. I'm...I'm...", I cry again.