Chapter 49

ELSA

MIXED comments roamed the area when the news spread the quarters. 'Captain Frost left A.M.A and stepped down as a captain for many years'.

The school newspapers spread throughout the whole campus after Captain Frost resigned. Another one has a label 'Captain Frost's scandal with one of the cadets'. Everyone's shocked about it. Merida and Rapunzel knew it was me. They hid it from others that I was Captain Frost's lover. No one found out who she is, the campus quieted for many months after victory.

"Hey", Captain Haddock said. He walked towards me and handed me a bottle of water. He's like a brother to me now and I'm like a sister to him as well.

"Oh hey, thank you", I said taking the bottle from his hand. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. Astrid blushed from the distance. She and I have the same situation but they have a plan for each other. Astrid apologized to me for being rude saying she was just jealous of me being close with Captain Hiccup.

" you nervous?", Captain Haddock smiled at me. I weakly smile back. What does it feels like when Jack is here watching me set foot on stage to claim my badge and the flag? 

"A little", I sighed. Captain Haddock saluted, smiling at me. "I congratulate you in advance", he laughed lightly before setting his hand down.

The speaker started to command us to fall in. We fall in, stanced in a great posture expected for a future soldier. Many student died during the war. A painful memory to think of. The superiors gave a respectful ceremony for those who didn't make it. The students, staffs and those who are in ranks. An awarding ceremony before the burial ceremony, we honored them and prayed for them.

I saw my sister at the bleachers with my parents. Dad, he made it. He smiled at me, nodding. Anna waved excitedly, squealing. Mom gave me a sweet smile. I was so afraid to lose father but bravery and courage runs in the blood of Arendelles. He and I did not gave up. Now I'm here, in the final moment where all of us are to be announced as an official member of the military.

Oh Jack, how I wish you were here to see this moment. I miss you so much.

The trumpets started to play as the ceremony began. The oval is filled with proud superiors, high officials, proud families and friends and also their partners. We marched to go to the center of the oval as much as I want to glance at my family, it's not allowed during the ceremony. Our full attention must be in the field. Looking somewhere during the ceremony is badluck for graduates.

The ceremony finished, I'm awarded with high excellency. I'm holding the flag of my nation, my badge and rewards filled my uniform. My father was wearing his general outfit, Anna and Mother took a picture of me and dad together. I smiled. "Elsa you did it alive!", Anna squealed. She hugged me tight after switching with dad.

"I did it, see? I told you I won't die silly!", I booped her nose. Anna giggled and shouted happily. She threw herself at me, hugging me tightly.

"I'm jealous you passed! I gave up the third round. Military isn't for me!", Anna whined like a kid. I pat her back and hugged her back tightly.

Dad and Mom laughed at us.

"Elsa, may I talk to you for a second sweetie?", Mom asked. I nodded. She held my hand and pull me away from father. Her reactions are making me nervous.

"Mom?", I asked again. Uncomfortable, nervous and scared. Hoping she didn't found out about me and Jack Frost.

Dad nodded at Mom. "We'll wait behind the grandstand, Anna let's go", he smiled at my sister.

"Why? Elsa, mom, let's go—"

"They have an important matter to talk about Annie, let's wait for them outside the oval", Dad said to Anna. Anna sighed. She waved at me before leaving the oval with dad.

"Elsa, can you tell me about your relationship with this young man named Captain Frost?", Mom whispered. I felt my whole system drain. What should I tell her? "Sweetie, you don't have to feel scared", she giggled.

"...Uh...", I hesitated to speak. Mothers are scary when they giggle randomly or when they giggle talking about your ex/boyfriend.

"Elizabeth", mother said.

"Okay mom jeez. So I wasn't suppose to fall in love with Jack. He's a total jerk in the first encounter but after a few years of being with him, he's a softie. He's much nicer than I thought he would be. I fell in love with him", I roamed my eyes to make sure no one's listening. Thankfully everyone's in their group talking to their friends and families.

"But?", Mom smiled at me. She knew I never had a real relationship with anyone else.

"We decided to keep our relationship a secret. At the end, we ...we umm...decided to part ways for our own good. You know, to save me and to save him too. I don't want to be the only person benefitting his sacrifice. I want to clean his name. I know what me and Jack did is illegal and unacceptable because of military rules but..mother...I love him and...It's my first time loving someone like that", I looked down.

I gasped softly when mom takes my hand. She tilted my chin up to face her. "Elizabeth Sky Arendelle, I'm your mother. I know what's up and I will understand whatever it is that is up. Look at you, you grew up. I'm so proud of you. I support you baby", she hugged me tightly.

I hugged back, tears started to gush out of my eyes. "Mom I'm sorry for not telling you", I sobbed. Mom patted my back, she kissed my temple and pulled me closer to her.

"It's alright. Your dad and I knew it from the very first. We saw the way Jackson look at you when you two were younger during your father and General Moon's meeting. I knew about his identity as well but it's safe with me", I sobbed even harder. I'm happy that I have a supportive mom.

"I fell in love with him but he left", I sniffled. Mom faced me, she cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears away.

"Your man has a strong reason why he sacrificed his love for you, you'll see it at the end", Mom smiled. She pulled out a hankie and wiped my tears away.

I took the hankie from mom and turned around. I blew my nose before facing her. "Three years", she have this gentle smile in her lips. What does she mean?

"Excuse me mom..what?", I asked.

"He said three years. Wait for me after three years. If it's still me then it's me", Mom said.

Jack...said that?

"Have you talked to him?"

"It's your father that talked to him in jail last week. He told me to give this to you", Mom pulled out something from her pocket. It's a blue navy box. She handed it to me. I felt my cheeks heat up when I saw the silver lining of words written in the side of it.

'Ice'

It's our code for love...

It really is from Jack Frost.

"Dad...knew...is he angry?", I asked. I sniffed. Mother giggled.

"No he is not", Mom said putting a hand on top of my shoulder.

"What did he say?", I looked back to mom.

"He said the man you chose is an honest man and a sincere man who's willing to wait for you. It's impossible nowadays. Your father loved how Captain Frost changed for the better. Not even his father can conquer him", Mom laughed softly. "Well, I guess you inherited that side of me", she winked. "Your father used to be naughty and playful when we were young but he changed for me as well"

"Really mom?", I asked happily.

"Yes really, now come here. My sweetheart, my baby", Mother laughed and spread her arms. I hugged her tightly, smiling happily. Yes my love, I'll wait for three years. Three years is an exact date for me to officially be promoted, I will do whatever it takes. I'll make sure to meet him after success. When that happens, I will not let go of him anymore. I promise that Jack will be the first and last man I will ever love.

-❄️❄️❄️-