Chapter 38

At the base

SANDY

The squad and I were practicing at the field when a loud explosion echoed the base. The ground beneath our feet shakes, the soldiers starts to panic. "What is that?!", Felix panicked.

I gestured my hands to them, commanding them to gather in one place in the open field just in case something falls.

"Captain what is happening?!", Melissa asked. She's panting hard. She's the most nervous private in my squad. But the strongest cadet, she passed every test I gave her.

"Cover each other, I'll alert the teams", I gestured my hands. They understand me, they went to sign language class before entering the field with me. I'm thankful to my students, they are very kind and funny. I'm the sunshine but they stand out more than me. They're learning so much.

I got on my feet and run to pull the lever down, the red lever that will alert all the captains, lieutenants and generals of this school.

"Captain Sandy! Captain Sandy!", I saw Mary running towards my direction. "Lieutenant Tooth said—" She wave her hands. I quickly run when I saw the light post falling down, I grasped her in my arms and put her down on the safe field with my squad.

My squad members asks if she is alright, everything around us shake as the post, buildings and other things went flying around us. I saw ice crystals flying around the air. I made a dream dome to shield it as it aim to strike at us. Loud sound of clings surround us. Everyone have their eyes wide open. "Captain Sandy! How did you do that!", Aaron asked.

I clenched my teeth as I hold the dome, the force was strong. Before Pitch used dark sand from my abilities and now... there are ice. In this moment, two people came in my mind. Elsa and Jack. Are they safe?

JACK

Thirty six men are down. How many enemies are there in this field? I kept Elsa behind me as we cover her. She's shooting in the right direction, killing forty men in one attack. Private Elsa's ability improved.  When her bullets ran out, Elsa did not hesitate to use ice daggers. The rest of the squad cover each other. Colonel Rick stayed in front of Adrien, we are all shocked when he transformed into a boy version of cat woman. "Chat Noir at your service!Sir!", everyone gasped when his transformation revealed. So he is the Chat Noir of Paris? Our academy is lucky for having heroes inside of it. Tadashi whistled and an electric skate board approached him, he rode it as he shoot the enemy from above. Looking at the Colonel, his hands blazed into fire and he start blasting to the enemy. His eyes are in deep shade of red. 

A rope flew up in the air and strangled Private Fitzerbert, the rope dragged him. "Colonel! Private Fitzerbert is being dragged!", I shouted.

As the rope drag Fitzerbert, he grabbed a frying pan and toss it at the enemies head causing the enemy to groan in pain. Private Fitzerbert stand up quickly and grab the frying pan. "Ha! Always work!", He grinned like an idiot while wiggling his eyebrows. "My blondie taught me that!", Private Fitzerbert said crossing his arms. A man from above the tree jumps down, ready to stab Fitzerbert in the head.

"Eugene look out!", Adrien yelled. Five men jumped in front of me, I lift my hand and grasped my staff that came to me as soon as I raise my hand in the air. I spin the staff and hooked the enemies before punching them, applying the techniques I learned back when I started off as a cadet. I put my staff in front of me and hit the tip on the ground, harsh wind took the men away from us, pulling them backwards abruptly causing their body to hit the trees and die.

"It's Flynn-", Tadashi grabbed Flynn and toss him next to Elsa, saving him from the enemy's shot. Some of them were using bow and arrow, some of them are using knives and mostly snipers. I can calculate that their line up and it is quite sturdy. They prepared for this.