Chapter 48

JACK

I sit outside Elsa's tent, waiting for her to regain consciousness. I have a lot to explain to her before I go. Elsa and I can't keep our relationship going because of our title.

"Mate", Bunnymund says. He put a hand on my shoulder. I look up to him, averting my eyes from the floor.

"Aster", I say.

Bunnymund sits next to me. " Are you sure you're going to resign and turn yourself in?"

"It's the only way to be truthful to the law. I can't put Elsa into this mess, I want her to graduate", I sigh. Looking away from Aster, I look straight at the sun that is just starting to rise.

" You made a tough decision, it's a wise one mate", Bunnymund says. His voice, low and full of concern. This is the first time that me and Aster talk like this. Me and Captain Bunnymund always end up fighting.

"I don't want to leave her like that, I'm sure she will understand. I'm doing this for her own good", I say. Rubbing my eyes, I bite my lower lip.

" How many days does the council gave you to amend with General Agnar's daughter?"

It's my father.

I look up.

His violet eyes look at me with....concern. His eyes expression that I never see before. I feel warm arms hug me from behind. "Jackson", I hear Mary's voice.

" Mary Emma?!", I say astonish. I turn behind me fast, I hug my sister back tightly. Mary laughs, patting my back.

"There, there you big frosty", she laughs softly. I can't believe it, my sister's here! She's here! Haha!

" I missed you!", I say. Tears of joy bridges my eyes, hugging my sister tighter.

"Me too, I believe you Jack", she says hugging me tight too. I let go of the hug, trying my best not to cry in front of our parents. My mother put her hands on top of my shoulder as General Moon walk next to my sister.

North and Bunny look at me before smiling. " See you again, mate", Captain Bunnymund salutes.

"After three years", North says before saluting too. I salute back, their facial expressions are sad.

" Oh don't be sad. I'll be in a stinky pit, I mean jail for three years. Hope it's good there, now I feel like a very bad person for loving Elsa", I chuckle before setting my hands to the side. Everyone do something I do not expect, they group hug me.

"You guys smell like sweat", I joke sass. They laugh hard before letting go. 

" We'll get going now, Sandy and Tooth are waiting you bloody bastard" , Bunny laughs.

"Yes, go ahead Peter Cottontail", I stick my tongue out. North smiles at me after patting shoulder. I sigh once they leave. General Moon put a hand on my head, patting it. I somewhat feel like seven, it's what he always do when I first met him.

I glance to my mom who's smiling happily, Mary hug her waist with a smile on her lips. After the rain, there's a rainbow. I thought of it last night, a very least consideration for myself.

I love Elsa more than anything but it's her future that I think of.

I want her to reach what she dreamed to be.

I don't want to be the person who ruin her life just because I did not abide the rules.

My squad is safe, I'm doleful of Private Hamada and General Stoic's passing. If I'd known that Tadashi likes Elsa, I shouldn't have acted like a jerk in front of him. I scolded him a few times because of his performance which improved in the end. Adrien goes back to Paris after the war. I see how sad his eyes were, he's out of sorts. The usual Agreste mood become gloomy. Adrien do not smile or laugh a lot after the war which make me think why?

Private Fitzerbert is in the ICU, Rapunzel's trying to heal him. I hope he wake up soon. We retrieve at least 234 dead soldiers, 154 in the ICU and 1,000 wounded soldiers. Since there are only 1,388 of our troops who fought with Pitch's war or so we called The Second Winter War, we fought at our best.

Rapunzel doesn't have the strength to revive dead as it's not qualified in her abilities. She can only heal those who are unconscious or half dead. Her tears and her hair, heals everything. As for Merida, she have the same case as mine but Captain Haddock III is safe from jail. I found out that Astrid and Merida fought because of him. Being smart as always, Hiccup avoided the two of them.

I look up the sky. Closing my eyes, I thank God for giving us victory in the battle. This is the first time we won from Pitch.

"Captain Frost?", Nurse Marinette calls me.

I glance to her. "Private Arendelle is awake, you may come in now"

I feel my heart thud.

Mary and mom look at each other before looking to Nurse Mari then to dad. General Moon put his hand on my shoulder and smile. A smile of a real father. He nod. "Go son, see Elsa and I hope it goes well"

Mom walks over to our direction. She wrap her arms around my biceps, looking up to me. "She will understand sweetheart"

"Go Jack", Mary smiles at me. She hold my hand. I miss the warmth of a family.

I look at them, before exhaling. They all excuse themselves. Nurse Mari walks over to me. "Hey Captain, I know..I'm not in the right place to say this but I hope you and Elsa figure it out. Love is something that we should cherish and keep in our lives. You and Private Elsa, you two are made for each other", her bluebell eyes expresses it all. She purses her lips.

"Did Private Adrien told you he likes you?", I ask. Her cheeks tint in bright pink. I've known for a while, I think she should know.

"Not yet"

"Go to the storage, he hide the letter under his station in his table. It's rolled inside a gun's magazine. I believe it's for you", I smile. This girl is sweet and gentle. I see the way Adrien stalk her secretly. I know their secret identities as well.

"Really?", She asks, surprised.

"Yes", I smile. Nurse Mari squeals, she excuses herself before running away from the tent. Now it's my turn to talk to Elsa. I've never been this nervous, only to her. She's the best girlfriend, she understand me, she can handle my temper, she motivates me when I'm down and she's always there when I need her.

I enter the tent. I see Elsa looking at me from the bed next to the wooden table. I close the tent, zipping it to give privacy. My feet do not agree with my body, I couldn't walk towards her. Her turquoise eyes look at me, waiting for me to approach her. She's lightly fidgeting her fingers. Should I end this relationship? "Jack...", She says.

I feel nervous just by her calling my name.

"We should talk about it", she bravely says.

Finally, I have the strength to walk towards her. I stand on the right side of her bed, she sits up. "We should", I say.

________________________________________

A/N;

Hello everyone, thank you for waiting for my update. I'm finally recovering slowly from my health condition. To those who motivated me, helped me and prayed for me to be well, thank you so much. I owe you guys a lot. I love you all, you guys know who you are.

As for Elsa and Jack's relationship, what will happen next?

Will they give up what they have or will they talk it out and think of the alternatives?

Let's see what will happen in the next chapter, see you!

-kazuneko