(Request) Back From the Dead- Sirius and Remus

Requested by: ollie1985

Request: I dont know if you do any further requests. But would you write a story that in the third HP the 5th Marauder comes along and Sirius and Remus both thought she was dead. Your stories are so good, I thought just give it a try.

A.N: This went kind of dark, I'm sorry.

------------

For a long time you didn't know who or what to believe. One source was saying this, another was saying that. The ministry didn't help either. It was honestly very confusing. It made it worse because you didn't even trust your own memories despite the fact you were there. Everything was a blur. All jumbled up and out of place.

Pettigrew was the one that told you of Sirius' betrayal and told you were you could find him. If you'd known then what you knew now then you wouldn't have listened to Peter. But you didn't and so against your better judgement you went to Godric's Hallow to confront your friend. But you didn't make it there.

That was the last time you saw any of your friends, together at least. And that was the last time any of your friends saw you.

------------

You lived in one of the rooms above the Leaky Cauldron, have done for a while now. It wasn't great by all means but it was something. You were even a couple of rooms down from the one the Minister of Magic was currently occupying. You heard rumours that he was here on business, something to do with Sirius Black escaping from Azkaban. This of course peaked your interest. However Black wasn't your main concern, Peter was. You knew he hadn't died that night much like he knew you weren't dead. Afterall he was the one that was suppose to kill you but couldn't bring himself to do it. But of course Remus and Sirius didn't know that so as far as they were aware you were dead. And have been for 12 years.

Locking your door you put the room key into your pocket as you made your way down the hallway for some dinner in the pub below. As you were walking you had just made it to the top of the stairs when the Minister's croonie came barging passed you carrying a school trunk. "Odd?" You thought. Why would a ministry official be carrying a Hogwarts trunk?

Distracted with watching the bold man hobble off down the hallway you then noticed who was following him. A young boy, no older then 13 years old. That's obviously who the trunk belonged to. But why was he going to see Cornelius Fudge? Was he in trouble? Did he have a connection to the escapee? The questions were endless.

Passing you, the boy muttered a quick apology from having seen what the older wizard did as you were quick to say it's fine. The boy nodded before going on his way. You didn't pay much attention to the boy's appearance and so carried on down the stairs as you thought nothing more of it.

------------

After sending Harry on his way, Remus went up to his office and closed the door. Setting the folded parchment on his desk he pulled his wand out. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." He muttered tapping his wand on the parchment.

He watched as ink slowly appeared on the parchment, revealing itself as the Marauders map. Opening it up he watched it, his eyes scanning the map at every name tag that appeared. Dumbledore was pacing in his office, even at this time of night he seemed to do that. Snape was still doing his patrol as were various prefects and Harry was on his way back to Gryffindor Tower. Everything was normal. No Peter Pettigrew in sight. He sighed in relief although a part of him believed what Harry said.