(Request) Comfort In The Paintings- Sirius

Requested by: cordywhordy

Request: I had an idea where like y/n marries Sirius and then he goes to Azkaban for the Potters murder and we're sad and because we're Pureblood Walburga likes us and she's just a portrait on the wall but tries to comfort us.

A.N: Not gonna lie I found it hard writing for Walburga but I think I did an okay job. I'll let you decide. Hope you like it.

------------

Having graduated from Hogwarts, you and Sirius- whom you've been dating since fourth year- had decided to make it official and marry.

The wedding was a couple of months after James and Lily's where Sirius was best man and you were maid of honor. So it was only fitting to have the roles reversed when it came to your wedding, James being best man and Lily being the maid of honor.

The day, as stereotypical as it sounds, was the best day of your life. Everyone you loved and cared about were there, despite the secrecy of the ceremony due to the threat of the war, all of whom giving you and Sirius your blessing. Even your parents turned up which was pleasant surprise. But what shocked you was the letter you received. It was from Sirius' mother, Walburga. The letter wasn't nasty or spiteful as Sirius though it might be, infact it simply entailed her blessing and wished you both a very happy and fulfilling life together. Because despite her hatred for Sirius, Walburga liked you, claiming you were the best and only good thing to ever happen to Sirius.

The only members from Sirius' family to show up were his cousin Adromada, her husband Ted and their child Nymphadora which you both expected and welcomed.

There was laughter, there were tears of happiness, there was music and there was dancing. Overall it was a wonderfully enjoyable and beautiful day. Definitely a memorable one.

After the wedding you moved in with Sirius into his childhood home of 12 Grimmauld Place. It took some time for Sirius to adjust being back in the house but he settled pretty quickly.

------------

As the months passed and the war progressed becoming more dangerous, so did your missions for the Order. But thankfully you all came out relatively unscathed. But everything took a turn for the worse when Voldemort learnt the whereabouts of James, Lily and baby Harry.

Both you and Sirius were beside yourselves when you learnt the news that they had been killed but were somewhat relieved when Hagrid came to the door carrying a sleeping Harry. Explaining the situation, Sirius agreed to lend Hagrid his bike so Harry could be taken to his aunt and uncle for safety. It destroyed the both of you but it was the right thing to do.

After Hagrid left Sirius couldn't rest. He kept pacing the kitchen with a drink in hand. Not that he's drank any of it yet. "Sirius, love, come on." You persuaded, wanting him to take a seat but he shook his head. And that's when it clicked.

"That rat!" He spat out of the blue before turning to you. Drowning the drink he gave you an unreadable expression. One you've never seen before.

"Sirius." You paused. "What's going on? Talk to me." You pleaded.

"I'll explain it to you later, I promise." He assured. "But right now I need to exterminate a rat." With that he placed the glass down before going to walk past you.

Grabbing his arm you pulled him back. "Sirius it's the middle of the bloody night, where are you going?" You asked but he didn't answer. "Fine then at least let me come with you."

"No." He replied quickly, slipping his arm out of your grip. "No, I need you here." He paused. "Y/n I promise I'll explain everything in the morning but right now I need you to trust me, okay?" He asked, you nodded.