(Request) Wolfsbane- Remus

Requested by: Gracey_Pastel

Request: Can you do a Remus x reader where the reader is Hufflepuff and very shy. They are childhood friends but Remus ditched her for the Marauders and they hadn't spoke to each other until, her parents who are friends with Lyall Lupin (Remus' father) when to their house to give Remus some Wolfsbane potion that he needed and the two finally spoke and reader is mad at him, refuses to talk to him, Remus being Remus apologises and stays with her when they go back to Hogwarts and confessions and stuff happened and boom-- they are together.

A.N: I'm not sure if this counts as "very shy" but I've tried my best.

------------

You've known Remus for as long as you can remember. You live near each other. Grew up together. Your parents are friends with Remus' father. Hell you even went to muggle school together. But that all changed the moment you were both accepted to Hogwarts. The moment he was sorted into Gryffindor and the moment you were sorted into Hufflepuff. That was the part you didn't like. He was your rock, your confident best friend and now he wasn't there. But what got you was the way he was so quick to abandon you for three Gryffindors who he barely knew. So the moment he became friends with James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew was the moment your friendship with him seem to end.

It was Christmas break in your fourth year and so you were home for the holidays. "Y/n?" Your mother called from the kitchen. "Can you help me for a minute?" She asked. You were in the living room reading.

Hearing her call, you marked the book and placed it down. Standing up you made your way to her in the kitchen. She was standing beside her cauldron over looking her potions book. "Yes?" You asked quietly.

"Can you go into the cupboard and grab me some Black Quicksilver and the Moonwort?" She asked as she glanced over her shoulder to you. She was use to you doing this whenever she called for you. You nodded. Going to the cupboard where your parents kept their potions supplies you grabbed what she wanted.

"Here you go." You spoke, closing the cupboard door and placing the ingredients down beside her book. She was still in the early stages of whatever it is that she was brewing.

Watching her for a second your eyes glanced back to the counter where the other ingredients were. There you saw Myrrh and Aconite. "Wait, Aconite?" You thought before turning back to her. "Mum, why are brewing Wolfsbane Potion?" You asked hesitantly although you already knew her answer.

"It's for Remus." She responded but her attention was on her book as she continued to skim her finger over the text of the recipe. "Lyall owled me the other day asking if we could brew one for the boy."

"Of course." You mentally thought as you sighed. This of course meant you'd have to go over to his to hand the potion to him. Regardless you helped your mother with brewing the potion.

------------

The potion was in your father's hand as he knocked on the door to the Lupins'. You stood behind your parents with your hood up, not wanting the wind to completely mess up your hair. You also wanted this done with as quick as possible so you didn't have to talk to Remus. So you could return home to the comfort of your living room and finish your book.

The door opened moments later, revealing Remus' father. His face lit up at the sight of you three. Even more so when he noticed the small bottle your father was holding. "Please, come in." Lyall smiled as he stepped to the side to let you all in.

You smiled as you walked in, standing beside your parents as Lyall closed the door. You lowered your hood. "They're in the living room." He informed. Following Lyall from the front door, down the hallway and into the living room you did your usual and smiled as you saw Remus' mother. However your smile faltered the moment your eyes flicked to Remus. Not only because you're in the same room as you ex-best friend but also because you didn't realise how much he's grown since you've last seen him. Unbeknownst to you, Remus thought the exact same thing about you.