(Request) Little One- Remus Part 2

Requested By: Lolakoalataco1735

Imagine: The reader and Remus adopt baby Harry

Summary: Set 5 years later, the reader reads a story to harry before bedtime only for Remus to find the pair asleep in the living room.

------------
Part  II
------------

5 Years Later

Having just finished marking the last of your students papers you were pulled out of your concentrated zone by a laugh followed by the sound of little feet running into the living room heading straight towards you. "Auntie Y/N!" Before you could even react to your name being called a small being collided with your side.

Raising an eyebrow at your Godson you were about to question him when Remus strolled into the room laughing to himself. Evidently still finding whatever had happened moments before funny. "Sorry love, we were playing a game in the study." He laughs. "And well, he ran off in here before I could stop him." He finishes rubbing the back of his neck.

Taking in what your husband just said you turn your attention back to the boy as he stared up at you with a goofy grin. "Oh really?" You question with a smirk.

Alls Harry could bring himself to do was laugh more specifically at the face you were making at him.  "We-" He paused becoming distracted by you putting the paper you had just marked onto the pile with the others. "What are you doing?" Now it was Harry who seemed to be raising his eyebrow at you much like what you did to him. He's definitely picked that up from me. You mentally noted while laughing to yourself.

"I'm marking my students homework." You reply.

"Why?" He questioned further now standing up on the sofa and holding onto your arm as he looks past you to the stack of marked papers.

"Because it's part of my job." You answer making Remus laugh at your response.

"I thought you did that at work though?"

"Yes well, your aunt forgot to mark these before term ended for Christmas so she brought them back with her." Remus laughed making you smile sheepishly at him.

Harry stayed silent for a moment, still holding the same quizzical look. "That sounds boring." He finally comments looking back at you.

Upon hearing this comment both you and Remus let out a small laugh which in turn made Harry laugh.

"It very much is." You agree. "Well the marking side of the job is anyway." You add with a smile.

Seeing that you were engrossed with talking to the boy, Remus quietly left the room to go sort out the mess him and Harry had made eariler in the other room. "Is that all your marking done?" Harry asked sitting back down as your eyes flicked towards the doorway noticing that Remus was no longer standing there.

"It is, I'd actually just finished as you came running in at me." You laugh recalling the moment.

Harry didn't say anything but instead watched as you got up to put your work away. Gathering the stack of papers together you neatly slide them into your brief case careful not to rip the pages. Once that was done you put your quill and ink out of the way before sitting back down beside your Godson.

Knowing it was getting close to Harry's bed time you knew he wouldn't go to bed without a story. That was what made you laugh every day when it got to this time in the evening. That no matter how much you tried, the boy just wouldn't go to sleep until either you or Remus (preferably you) read him a story. Sometimes if he was that tired he would be content with you reading a story that he's already heard. Sometimes it wasnt even a story but a factual book, the kid just didn't seem to care as long as a book was read to him.

"So." You began, picking the child up and placing him on your lap as you sat down in Remus' armchair. "What story is it tonight?" You ask glancing at the books that had been placed on the coffee table eariler that day.

Hearing your question Harry copied you in staring at the books as if his life depended on it. Minutes passed and he still couldn't seem to chose. Yawning he finally gave up, looking back to you before shrugging. "The Tale of Beedle the Bard? Short Stories of Hogwarts? A Muggle's Collection of Fairy Tales? Old Folk Tales?" You listed reading the book titles. When you looked at Harry all he did was shrug again.

In your distraction of looking back at the books you didn't realise that after Harry shrugged he had yawned again but this time leaning into you sighing sleepily. Snapping out of your daze you looked down and smiled. "How about a good old fairy tale?" You declared picking the book off the table to which he nodded at.

"Muggle fairytales it is." You confirm.

------------

Having just finished clearing up the study and putting everything back in its rightful place, Remus began making his way back to the living room. He'd only realise how late it had gotten when he did a double take at his watch upon checking the time.

Without looking he walked into the living room and spoke. "Y/N it's getting late Harry should be getting to-" He stopped himself from finishing the sentence when he finally looked up to be greeted by the pair of you fast asleep in his chair. "Sleep." He finishes laughing to himself.

Harry was still in the same position as before, curled up on your lap, the only difference being that he had pulled you left arm around him acting as a safety blanket of sorts. You on the other hand, which made Remus laugh, had your head tilted back to give the appearance that you were staring up at the ceiling.

Not wanting the wake the pair he quietly approached the old chair, taking the open book that was currently resting on your lap. When he did this, Remus couldn't help but glance at the page you were on. You hadn't even gotten to the end of the first page. "Typical." He breathed under his breath finding it funny.

Marking the page he closed the book and placed it back on the table. Carefully unwrapping your arm he slowly picked Harry up but not before the child lazily opened his eyes for a brief moment to look at who had just picked him up. Muttering something along the lines of "uncle Moony." Harry fell back asleep.

After tucking the child into bed, Remus glanced back at the boy before silently closing his bedroom door. One down, one to go. He thought, walking back downstairs to the living room where you still were.

"Love come on, it's nearly 10pm." He softly stated as he lightly tapped your shoulder.

Feeling the tap you groaned. "Is Harry in his room?" You asked upon not feeling him curled up on you anymore as you moved the arm he'd had been holding onto.

Nodding he watched you. "He's in his bed fast asleep." He answered. "You know, you really shouldn't encourage him to call me uncle Moony, it's going to stick." He points out remembering what Harry had called him moments before.

Hearing this made you laugh although you didn't open your eyes to look at your husband as you spoke. "Oh please, you know full well that James would have taught him the same." You retorted.

"Whatever." With that Remus helped you out of the chair before you both headed to bed.