(Request) Fears- James Part 2

Requested by: Harrypotter_neeerd

Original Request: Can you please please please please do one with James. Like, you're terrified of needles but you get a really high fever and needs to get your blookwork done? James is there to like support you and hold you.

Request: Could you please please do a part 2 where y/n actually gets the shot and from where you left it? Still this thing that y/n is terrified and tries to escape the situation? I absolutely love your work

Warnings: mentions of needles and description of a panic attack (not a fully blown one but the effects of one, I guess)

A.N: Sorry this took so long. I'm slowly getting through everyone's requests so please bear with me.

------------
Part II
------------

Despite James' words of encouragement you still weren't sure if you could bring yourself to see Madam Pomfrey. You weren't even sure if your feet would even make it to the infirmary doors.

You were trying your hardest to regulate your breathing, to take deep breaths, but it was near impossible. Your rapid heart beat was drowning everything out.

James could feel your hesitation as your palms were beginning to sweat again. "It's alright." He calmly said giving you a soft smile as he lightly squeezed your hand again.

You couldn't muster up a response so you just gave him the best and most convincing smile you could give to him. Not that James was very convinced by the smile but he didn't say anything.

You were close to the infirmary now, in fact you could see the doors from where you were in the corridor. Forcing yourself to take a deep breath, you closed your eyes. "I can do this." You thought to yourself. "I can do this."

Just as you opened your eyes James came to a holt, which in turn made you stop as well. You gulped. You were outside the infirmary.

Your eyes were glued to the doors as James opened his mouth to speak. "I'll be with you until Madam Pomfrey says otherwise, okay?" He said but he knew you weren't listening. After all how could you? Just on the other side of that door was your fear. Waiting for you.

"You ready?" He asked snapping you out of your fear induced daze.

Taking another breath you forced yourself to nod your head. You knew you had to go in, the fever was getting worse, but the majority of you came to the conclusion that you could just sleep it off. Only if you could go back to your dorm.

James pushed open one of the doors which brought you out of yet another daze. You didn't even realise you slipped back into one. "Come on." You just stared at him uncertainly. "It'll be fine, trust me." He persuaded but somehow you weren't so sure.

The fever felt insignificant compared to the growing feeling of dread that seemed to swallow you up. Clenching your jaw you shook your head, backing away from James.

"I can't... I can't do this." You stuttered out as your eyes watered again. If you felt strong enough you would have ran off back to your dorm, where you so desperately wanted to be right now. But you didn't have it in you to run. Instead you tried to walk off, keeping close to the wall so you could keep your balance.

Watching you for a second, James looked back into the infirmary before walking after you. Over taking you, he blocked your path. "Y/n." He breathed, placing his hands on your shoulders so you couldn't move.