(Request) Little One- Remus Part 1

Requested By: Lolakoalataco1735

Imagine: The reader and Remus adopt baby Harry

------------
Part I

------------

Although the past year has taken it's toll on not just the Potters' for being forced into hiding but their friends as well who could no longer see them without putting everyone in danger. Despite this you all found ways to still keep in touch. You, Remus and the Potters' had built on this routine of speaking to each other through the fire place every Wednesday evening.

So why was this Wednesday evening any different? For the first time ever since starting these little 'get to togethers', the Potters' wouldn't respond to any of your attempted calls not even one of them. Something isn't right.

Are they late? Did they forget? Had James done his usual and had fallen asleep on the couch all tangled up with Lily, and Lily being Lily didn't have the heart to move or even wake him? All these thoughts swirled around your brain making you loose complete focus on what Remus was telling you.

It wasn't until you felt a tap on your should that you snapped out of your daze. "You zoned out again." He commented with a slight smirk.

"Oh urr.... yeah. Sorry." You apologised. Your husband was about to speak when you interrupted him. "Something isn't right Moony." You told him. "James and Lily never miss our calls."

He watched you for a second before sighing himself. A sign you knew all too well. He agrees with you. "I'm worried too."

"Prehaps I should call again?" You offer with a hopeful expression.

"Y/N you've already tried several times. But perhaps we're overthinking this?" Remus suggested. You knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to lighten the mood, and to be honest it was working. You appreciated his attempts but you just couldn't shake the feeling.

"Yeah..." You trailed off quietly. Remus caught you stare at the fire and lightly tapped your shoulder again.

"Come on, it's getting late." Standing up Remus held out his hand wishing you to take it. Glancing at his outstretched hand you reluctantly took it.

Pulling you up he gave you a soft kiss on you cheek. "Let's gets some sleep. We'll try again in the morning. I'm sure James and Lily are fine." With that the pair of you went upstairs to bed.

------------

The news broke early the following morning not long after you and Remus had woken up. Voldemort had attacked the Potters resident's in Godwicks Hollow. He murdered your friends. They were sold out and he had gone for little Harry and had murdered your friends in the process.

You were a mess, in fact you both were. The pair of you had found out through the Daily Prophet which had listed the attack in detail. Even had a picture of the current condition of their house with the top floor being completely destroyed. Nothing was left.

The only joy the article gave you, how small it seemed, was that baby Harry was the only survivor.

The pair of you didn't have the stomach to eat anything so opted to get changed and to go to the house yourselves. It didn't take the pair of you long to change and just as you got to the bottom of the stairs the door rang.

Stopping in your tracks the pair of you glanced at each other before drawing your wands. "Who do you reckon it is?" Remus asks.

"I'm not sure..." You trail off. "Could be deatheaters." You shrug.

Raising his eyebrow at you Remus spoke. "Why would a Deatheater knock?"

"Well I don't know? Perhaps they're being nice now?" You question back shrugging your shoulders again which earns a unimpressed look from your husband.

"Just open the door."

"What? Why me?"

"Because you're standing right in front of it." Remus shot back as by the time the two of you stopped arguing you were indeed standing in front of your front door.

Wands at the ready, you shakily reached for the door handle. Taking a deep breath you glanced over your shoulder to Remus who nodded at you. Nodding back you let out the breath before pulling the handle down and swinging the door wide open. Pointing your wands at the two people that are standing at your doorstep it took the pair of you a good few moments to realise who they are. "You always were a defensive student Y/N." The old wizard commented before noticing Remus behind you. "It is good to see you two again although I wish it was under better circumstances."

"Professor! Hagrid! I'm so sorry." You apologise and immediately you both lower your wands as Hagrid can't do anything but let out a small chuckle in response to your reactions.

"My apologises Professor, Hagrid. We thought you were..." Remus copies apologising to both men before trailing off not sure how to finish the sentence. At the same time you moved out of the way to let your guests inside while Remus got the door.

"Deatheaters?" Dumbledore finishes, following you into your living room, not at all surprised by your original judgement. "No I'm afraid not. Although if I'm not mistaken you've heard the news then?" He assumes, his gaze changing between the pair of you as he looks over the top of his glasses as you all sit down. Both you and Remus took the sofa as Dumbledore and Hagrid took the two armchairs that were positioned either of the sofa facing you.

"Yeah we found out not long before you knocked." Remus answers sadly as you placed your hand on top of his to comfort him. "So what brings you here Professor?"

"The same reason to why you thought we were Deatheaters." He announces turning to Hagrid.

Up until this point the groundskeeper has kept quite. "Oh right." He mumbled. Keeping one arm across his lower stomach as to support something he used his other hand to carefully lower part of his coat. Upon doing this you gasped at what Hagrid had hidden inside his coat.

"Harry." You muttered under your breath. This time it was Remus who comforted you by lightly squeezing your hand.

"He's a cheeky little bugger, he is." Hagrid commented watching the baby as he slept all nice and snug inside his coat.

"Yes, we were about to take him to his aunt and uncle in Little Whinging but then Hagrid informed me that James and Lily Potter had made you two his Godparents along with Sirius Black." The Headmaster spoke with a knowing look.

"They did." You sighed, your mind drifting back to your friends. But then you realised what Dumbledore had just said. "He can't go to his aunt and uncle's. They're horrible people, They'll never treat him as their equal." You urge to which Hagrid agreed.

"So what do you propose we do?" The older wizard asked putting his full attention on you.

You hesitated for a moment not entirely sure yourself what they should do but then an idea popped into your head. One that not even Remus could say no too. "We could... We could adopt him. That way he's with people that truly care for him and will teach him what he needs to know." You stated confidently.

Although if you were being honest your initial reaction after saying this was that the other three weren't going to agree with you, especially Remus. But to your surprise they did. You even had a feeling Dumbledore knew you were going to suggest something like that. But then again you're not surprised with that man, he seems to know everything these days.

Remus glanced at you and nodded. "I agree with Y/N we should take care of the boy. At least this way he will be protected if anyone tries to harm him again." You smiled sweetly at your husband. You've never seen this protective side of him before.

Hagrid was having trouble containing his happiness knowing that little Harry will be raised in a loving family and not the cold hearted one of Lily's sister and her husband. The only person left to make their decision was Dumbledore. He watched you and Remus for what seemed like forever before speaking his mind.

"It's settled then, the boy will be raised by you." He confirmed while stroking his beard.