(Request) Dancing Like A Lovegood- Xenophilius

Requested by: SimpzFanficz

Request: C-could you do a Xenophilius (Luna's dad) x female reader.... anything fluffy pwease.

A.N: I don't know much about Xenophilius so please forgive me if I've gotten anything wrong. I'm also not sure if this actually counts as fluff but I enjoyed writing it none the less so enjoy :)

------------

Everyone knew you. Everyone liked you. Everyone wanted to be you. From the moment you took your first step inside Hogwarts, everyone wanted to be your friend. Even now, in your sixth year people were still trying. It never phased you- you never let it phase you- after all you've had to deal with popularity all your life. Your parents being well known and respected Pure Bloods. You, personally, never felt it was needed but then again you've only ever been on the recieving end of popularity. You wouldn't know what it felt like to be an outcast even if it were to hit you in the face.

And then there was the person who was, who did know. Xenophilius Lovegood. Everyone seemed to stay clear of him and spoke about him behind his back. You didn't know why, he seemed like a cool person, but they did. And frankly it annoyed you. He was an odd bean you had to admit but he was cool, he was different. He wasn't like everyone else and you admired him for that.

You've attempted several times to talk to him but he wouldn't allow it. The moment you opened your mouth to speak or waved your hand in his direction, he'd bow his head and quickly walk off. Avoiding you completely.

It hurt you but you learnt to get over it. He probably thought you were only going to use or mock him, which has happened in the past, not with you but with some of the other populars. So you couldn't fault him for that. Which is what prompted your next, potentially bad idea. You'd go out of your way to learn that crazy dance he's always practising around the castle when he thinks no one's looking. The Christmas dance was approaching so why not.

The way you saw it, if people couldn't learn to leave him alone then you'd be the one to help them stop. If it meant the end of your popularity in the process then so be it, you never really cared for it anyway.

------------

Over the coming weeks, when you weren't in lesson, you were able to catch glimpises of Xenophilius practising his quirky dance. You found he mainly practised this up on the third floor in the empty corridor. You couldn't blame him as you'd do the same. And thanks to your little hiding place, behind one of the columns, you were able to watch and memorize the routine. Although you found yourself going over it during the night when you couldn't sleep and your dorm mates were fast asleep.

Soon enough it was the day of the dance. You had managed to sneak in a quick practice of Xeno's dance before your dorm mates came bursting in to get changed themselves. You had gotten yourself ready before them so you didn't have the worry of rushing. You just had to sit back and relax. Well... think of a way to dance with Xeno without him running off or him being made fun of.

"You coming?" Your friends asked, snapping you out of your little daze.

"Dressed already?" You thought in confusion as you saw them all dressed and ready. "That was fast." Regardless you stood up from your bed and followed them out of your dorm and to the hall.

The dance was already in full swing by the time you got there. Not that it surprised you. You already had this feeling that the dance was going to be long because you didn't have a date, wanting to ask Xeno but couldn't find him to ask him. This also meant you'd have lots of people wanting to dance with you, wanting to be "cool". You only rolled your eyes. One of the only downsides to popularity.

And that was indeed what happened. "Y/n can I have this dance?", "Y/n come dance with me.", "Can I have this dance with you Y/n?" Were the only questions people were interested in asking you. It was a ball ache.

After telling a Gryffindor that you'd pass on wanting to dance with him, you began making your way over to the tables that had been pushed to the sides of the hall. Wanting nothing more then to sit down for a brief moment. But you didn't get that chance. Students were gathering towards the back of the hall seeming to circle whatever had gotten their attention. Or whoever.

Furrowing your eyebrows you gave a little sigh before making your way over. "What's going on?" You asked a student.

"It's that nut job, Lovegood." They replied. "He's dancing." They laughed.

You glared. "His name is Xenophilius." You spat, silencing the student immediately. "And so what if Xeno's dancing." You questioned. "It's a christmas dance, isn't it?" With that you pushed your way into the crowd of students leaving that rude student standing there like a fool.

It took some effort but you managed to push through. Your eyes widened at the scene. In the centre was Xeno minding his own business, in his own world, dancing and ignoring the taunts and calls from all of the students. But what got you was who was making the taunts. It was your friends. Well... so called "friends" now. They've honestly broken the last straw.

In a moment of anger you left the safely of the crowd and entered the circle, walking up to Xeno. He glanced at you but didn't say anything. Taking a deep breath you began dancing, falling in line with the Ravenclaw. Your movements matching his. You were glad he didn't stop when you did this because it would have been awfully awkward otherwise.

While you two danced, the crowd went silent, your friends' taunts stopping completely. All of them confused and shocked at the sight of you dancing with Xeno. But you didn't care.

The moment the dance was over, Xeno gave you a confused glance. You only smiled in return. Then you remembered all the gawking faces that were still watching you. With a sigh you turned from Xeno to the crowd. "What?" You question raising an eyebrow. "Have you lot never seen someone dance before because news flash it does happen." You paused. "Now get lost, it's a dance so go dance." You said shooing them away. Reluctantly the crowd dispersed, grumbling to themselves about Merlin knows what.

------------

You didn't get to talk to Xeno after your little dance as once the crowd dispersed and you turned back to him he was once again quick to leave. So you were surprised when you bumped into him as you were leaving the hall. You also weren't expecting him to talk either. "Can we talk?" He asked quietly.

"Sure." You nodded. With Xeno leading the way you followed him out of the hall and down one of the corridors until you could no longer hear the noise from the dance. "So what's on your mind?" You asked as you faced him.

He was hesitant to speak but managed it. "How- how did you know my dance, I've not shown anyone."

"You didn't need to I umm... I watched you practising it up on the third floor." You admit rubbing the back of your neck nervously. Xeno furrowed his eyebrow.

"You watched me?"

"Yeah." You nod. "It's a cool dance, I'm sorry." You mumble.

"No, no it's fine but why?" He paused. "I'm just a... and you're..."

"I don't care what people say Xeno, to me you're a cool person and you're not stuck up like the everyone else. And I thought if I learnt this dance and joined in with you, then everyone might stop picking on you. And I guess they did for now at least."

"Yeah I guess they did." Xeno laughed running a hand through his hair. "But you didn't have to you know."

"I know but I wanted to." You explain with a slight shrug. Then a thought popped into your head. "Oh and by the way you're not the only one who believes in the Deathly Hallows. I do too." You smile tugging at the neckace you had on around your neck to show him. His eyes lite up. He didn't think anyone else believed in the Hallows much less you.

The rest of the evening before curfew hit was spent talking to Xeno about the Deathly Hallows and all things superstitious. It definitely was more enjoyable then going to the dance or hanging out with your friends.