Remus's little sister

Sirius had just finished his detention with Professor Mcgonagall on not pranking the first years as he made his way to the Great Hall in search of his friends. He stopped at the entrance glancing at all the people before spotting them halfway down the Gryffindor table.

They notice him and wave as he did the same back. But as he was approaching them he noticed you sat by yourself further down the table, picking at your plate.

"Remus what's up with, (Y/N)?" He points out nodding in your direction as he sits down.

Remus raises an eyebrow looking in your direction confused. "I don't know, she seemed fine earlier."

"Guess we're gonna have to find out." James added seeming equally worried.

You on the other hand was completely oblivious to the fact that your brother and his friends were talking about you. You were too focused on staring at the plate in front of you to notice anything else.

Feeling satisfied that you had stared into the plate for a grand total of 20 minutes you abruptly got up and quickly left the Hall. Not even stopping when the boys tried talking to you.

Later that night, once everybody had gone to bed, you sat down there just staring at the flames of the dying fire.

You weren't thinking of anything in particular that was until your mind played what Lucius called you earlier.

"You filthy half breed!" The blonde Slytherin spat at you as you walked past him on your way to your next lesson.

Thinking about it made your emotions get the better of you as a tear rolled down your eye.

However your solitude was interrupted by the sound of padded feet coming down the stone steps. Quickly wiping the tear you turned to see your bother and his friends walking over to you.

"(Y/N/N) what are you doing up?" Remus asked sitting beside you on the floor. James sat the other side of you and both Sirius and Peter sat on the couch behind you.

"Couldn't sleep." You answer bluntly not even looking at him.

"Come on, I know you're lying (Y/N/N)." Your brother questioned raising an eyebrow at you. You glanced at him before sighing and looking down into your lap messing with your fingers.

"I don't want to talk about it." You push not wanting your brother to know let alone James, Sirius and Peter as they're like brothers to you. And being the youngest all of them they can be very protective of you.

"(Y/N)." James chimed in this time dragging your name out.

"He was picking on me again, okay?!" You snapped but being vague about it.

"Who?" Remus questioned sounding angry. In fact you could feel the anger in all of them. It wasn't aimed at you but the person who bullied you.

"Malfoy." You whispered regretting telling them. Upon hearing this Sirius jumped up fuming.

"That's it, I'm gonna push that blonde off the Astronomy tower!" He said through gritted teeth going to march off. Both Peter and James stopped him telling him to sit back down.

After Sirius finally calmed down Remus turned to you. "What did he say?" He asked quietly.

"He... he... he called me a filthy half breed." You cried breaking down and hugging into your brother's chest. They all went silent letting you cry as Remus rubbed your back.

"Don't listen to him (Y/N), Malfoy doesn't recognise a talented witch when he sees one." James comments rubbing your shoulder.

"Yeah, that prat's the filth (Y/N) not you." Sirius added.

"Lucius doesn't know what he's talking about." Peter chipped in. You stuck your head out from your brother's chest to turn and look at them.

"Thank you guys." You praised quietly giving a small half smile.

They all smiled and hugged you before Remus let you go and stood up. "Come on, you're staying with us tonight." He ordered helping you up. The boys all cheered excitedly as you all made your way to the boys dorms.