XXVII

Trents P

Trents P.o.V
6 pm

My feet were propped up on the coffee table as I watched Boys in the hood. Angel was tucked into my side, my arm wrapped around her shoulders.

She would sneak looks at me ever other minute so I knew some was up.

"Whats Up Baby? Lemme know whats on your mind." I looked down at her.

"Trent You sure I wont be a Bother?!"

Angel asked for the millionth time once the kids fell asleep.

"Mtch Angel Im your man aint it ? , plus I promised you a few things no?" I looked at Angel as her face went into a thinking mode.

"What things?"

I shook my head laughing.
"To tell you what I do, I've told you why... and you see why."

She played with her fingers, something she always does when she is deep in thought.

"Trent I dont think I wanna know actually..." she trailed off looking down.

"I mean - Rich told me you killed his brother... and I thought I didn't look at you different because Im in love with you, but honestly... I just Dont believe you did." she looked up at me

Taking my breath away.

Literally.

I didnt know what to tell her.

A part of me was hurt, but then again a part of me was relieved that I didnt have to go into details about the ruthless side of me.

A side of me I didn't like.

"Thats cool" I smiled. We just sat there for a minute her Just looking at me.

"Is that Ok with you for real?"

Thinking about it I shrugged my shoulders.

" Im inbetween On it" I said.

"Why?" She looked at me innocently.

"Because This is the life im living at the moment. I have Killed people An yall bout the only people who get to see me in this Version of myself... often. You know what I mean?"