Kalani

Waking Up I could hear Rell and Lakisha Downstairs Arguing over the remote to the T.V.
Rubbing my face I looked to the side staring at my mirror silently crying.
'My life is Shit, if it wasnt for rell an Lakisha I would have been killed myself By Now.'
Everyone thinks what He did to me was bad? My moms boyfriend took my virginity from me at just 6 years old.
Ive been silent my whole life about it... a Pussy, coward.
Why couldn't I be stronger and stick up for myself. Instead my little sister had to, on top of that my brother saw me naked.
Im humiliated.
Squeezing my heart I wheezed in pain, my tear blurring everything I see.
"How could it get any worst?"
What else could I take? When could we be happy for real? Whose to say Trent really even can take care of us? Or stay Out of trouble Long enough For us? Every One and everything was bullshit to me.
Besides Angel.
Taking a deep breath I sat Up.
"I have to talk to her" talking to myself I wiped my tears outting my house slippers on jogging to Trents room.
I knocked twice and when No one answered I peeked in.
Seeing neither was In bed I went my way to the kitchen, but I only saw Trent.
"Wheres Angel?" I wisper, keeping my eyes to the floor.
"Uh -sh-shes On the way.. are you...hungry?" He fumbled around in the kitchen recklessly.
Nodding 'no' I Ran back to my room.
At least she on the way...
Laying Back down I took deep breaths in and out trying to calm Myself.
At 12 I Should Not feel like I want to die.
Why Couldn't my Mom just protect me? Or my dad Come and get me ?
Or anyone just fucking love me... why wasn't I important enough.
Fresh tears filled my eyes as I called my pain out trying to be as Quiet as I could.
Soon I heard a knock at the door an Angel came in slowly, squinting through the dark.
"Kalani Honey?" She walked completely in closing the door.
"Angel" I threw the blanket off me Running to her crying Hard.
"Angel, Im sorry" squeezing her as she shushed me, I shook my head.
"Kalani? ... Do you want to talk about it?"
I shook my head no.
"Kalani... if you want him to stay in jail Longer You Might have to..."
"I cant"
She sighed sitting me on the bed.
"Stay right here" she walked Out, seconds later coming back With Marie.
"Hey Lani" she waved at me."
I nodded back making sure I didnt have any tears left on my face.
"I have A story to tell you... Ok?" She sat down next to me.
Gulping I looked her in the eyes.
"I knew This Girl ... when I was Younger about your age in fact... her dad Was a mean Drunk... and Just abusive In general.. you know what that means?"
"Mhm" I responded.
"So... One day... He comes Home ...

"Mortgage, Light, Gas Company Ha! One of yall got some money?" My dad looked at me and my mother His face flustered with drunkenness.
"Pence, stop it" My mother looked to the T.V. again.
Getting up he stood at the living room door watching me as I Played with My dolls.
"You look Nice tonight Marie."
"Pence!" My mother snapped at him.
"Shut up bitch I aint talking to you!"
She stood up Tears threatening to spill.
"This is a fucking 'nough!" Standing in front of me she grabbed my hand trying to push pass him.
"I wont let you hurt us anymore!"
He smirked down at her taking another shot.
"Bitch Please" he laughed grabbing my arm and snatching it.
"Daddy Noooo!" I cried trying to prey away from his grasp, scared he would use me again.
"Pence Im calling the cops!" Running to the phone she managed to Dial 911 before my dad snatched her hair pulling her down.
"Bitch!" Punching her in the face she tried her hardest to fight him Back.
Kicking him in the face My dad got more aggressive gtabbing her neck.
"Pence get off me!" She cried her tears hurting me even more.
"Maaa!" I yelled tears falling. My dad had used me so much To me it didnt matter anymore as long as she was safe.
"Marie Run!" She yelled.
Taking off scared my dad stopped hitting her chasing after me.
"Come here you fucking brat."
"Stop"
Almost making it to the front door he snatched me on his shoulder.
Walking pass my unconscious Mother I reached out for her.
Once he started having his way with me Everything Blurs together... somehow my mother Woke up, she grabbed a vase and went to hit my father with it... but he saw her shadow, turning around quickly he punched her so hard she died from a concussion. The cops came bargin In after hearing my screams from seeing blood trickle from her mouth an nose.
"Ma !...please" ...

... Her dad got away with it too... he did at the most 10 years, he claimed self defense and because my friend didnt tell her half of the story He was entitled to that..." Marie Had tears in Her eyes as she smiled.
"So you see Kalani... you cant let this life Bullshit break you... No matter who hurts You, You are Love. No one will EVER love you like you. Dont let this break You, because Youre a strong girl Honey, I see it in you, with this being said... Dont be that girl afraid anymore, you shouldn't have had to be her ... but you dont need to be anymore. Everyone surrounding you right now is going to help... But you need to Testify Kalani."
Crying looking to Angel she nodded her head 'yes'.
"I cant... its to embarrassing"
"Lani If you dont he could hurt someone else."
Squeezing my fist I shook my head ok.
"So youll do it?" Angel Kneeled infront of me holding my head.
"Yea... if Marie tells me what happened to her friend."
They gave each other a Look , Marie looking back to me smiling.
"She Grew up to be everything she wanted to ."