XXIII

Evangelines P.O.V

Monday 5 Am

Monday 5 Am

Feeling my phone vibrate from under Trents sheets, my hands scurried around for it until I found it bringing the phone to my ear.
Rolling from under Trents arm I heaved, my shoulders falling as I read the name.
"Morning Ma"

"Evangeline I need you to come home today... its an emergency.... Your father... just - got out the hospital! from a Stroke!"  She rushed out not even greeting me back.

Shooting up in the bed Tears formed in my eyes angrily. "Why yall aint tell me shit!"  My face pulled together in confusion.

" girl watch yo damn mouth... an I been calling you- You Aint been answering yo damn phone." Her teeth sucked.

Getting up a walked over to the dresser an puttinh on some pants with a long sleeve turtle neck, I responded back to her In a mumble.
"You could text me too you know"  adding on some sneakers I stood Up straight looking at myself in the mirror.

"Well you answered now - so."

"What ever-Ima be on my way love you bye."
Hanging up I walked over to the bed admiring Trent while he slept.
Bending him I kissed his face smiling.

"Mhm"
He mumble his eyes fluttering softly.
"Why you up?" He mumbled reaching his hand behind my head and bringing my lips to his.

"I gotta go home"  I pouted.

Wrapping his arms around me Trent shook his head 'no' pulling me into a hug onto the bed with him.
"Yesss" I laughed but still snuggled up to his chest. "Promise you'll take the kids shopping again?"
I mumbled.

He nodded smiling "where you going tho?"  Trent began to sit up rubbing his eyes and checking the time.

"My mom wants me to come home for a couple days ... Ill be back I Love you." I jumped on him again wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you too Angel" he kissed my forehead letting me go.

Walking out his room I walked down stairs quietly getting to the front door before I heard footsteps rushing down behind me. Turning around I Looked up to Trent Who looked sad holding his arms up to wrap around my waist.

"Dont leave" He mumbled into my neck.
Squeezing him close my head dug into his chest.
"Dont make me Cry Trent"