16 - Eyeliner

"What are you wearing tonight?" Harry questioned, looking over his shoulder to meet my gaze. He was searching for an outfit to wear to go out in. His eyes widened in revelation. "Great idea I've just had, we should match," he continued, wearing a smile that could make me melt.

"I don't know yet, Isabel usually helps me with this kind of stuff. I don't go out much, you know?" I chuckled as I laid on the bed, admiring his tall stature in comparison to the clothes hanging on the rack. He made the simplest things so exciting just because of his optimistic attitude. He was a light that I was so drawn to, I didn't understand why I had ever resisted it.

"Okay well I personally think you should wear a skirt, they always look so good on you," he replied, managing to make his cheeky comment seem innocent. We were all going out to a bar tonight, and he was excited to get all dressed up. I'd spent the entire week at his house, only leaving to get clothes from my apartment and to go to work. He'd been working short day shifts at the bar while I continued my regular shifts at the aquarium, but every night was spent together. Either watching movies, or me teaching him painting techniques - it was always something new, and I loved it.

"What do you think? I feel like being a little scandalous," he faced me, shimmying his shoulders while holding up the outfit. A black blazer with a thin, flowy, button up shirt to go underneath with a pair of black trousers. It was very fitting for his style, and I could tell he liked what he'd picked out.

"I love it. I think I can match it pretty well, considering there's only two colors involved," I laughed and he nodded his head in agreeance.

"I knew you'd like it. Do you want me to give you a ride to go get clothes?" He offered. He was always so generous, it was one of my favorite things about him. He didn't have a selfish bone in his body.

"Yeah, but do you have another shirt similar to that? I'm kinda digging it," I answered as he raised his eyebrows.

"You want to wear one of my shirts? You're really trying to kill me, sunshine," he replied, tossing his clothes on the corner of the bed and crawling over towards me. Suddenly he was dragging my body towards his, a small giggle escaping my lips. He leaned down, planting a firm kiss on my lips, something that I've started to get used to. It'd been a month since we'd made up and I was loving life.

Although I've spent all week here, the most that'd happened was some intense making out. I liked it this way, though. I didn't feel pressured into anything I wasn't ready for and my relationship with Harry was different than any relationship I'd had before. I liked that he prioritized the emotional aspect before the physical. We'd started off as friends after all. However, it didn't stop him from making cheeky comments.

He planted a few quick pecks all over my face, making me laugh even harder. I could feel his grin against my skin and I wished I could freeze the moment. Things had become so lighthearted between us, I wanted to relish in every moment. I somehow managed to get a few breathy words as I tried to stifle my giggles.

"Are you going to take me to my apartment or what?" he pulled away from my face, but only long enough to shake his head.

"In a minute, you know I get all snuggly in the morning," he replied, dipping his head down and pressing a tender kiss onto my neck.

"I know, but now you have me thinking about my outfit and I don't know what to wear," I rambled as he continued to leave a trail of kisses across my throat. "You know I'm not good with that stuff and-"

"Shh. You're going to look beautiful either way, and besides, it's just a night out, not that big of a deal. You shouldn't freak out about it, plus we're matching so you have me to help," he interrupted, laying his head on my chest. "Can you play with my hair? Just for a minute and then I promise I'll take you," he asked. How could I say no?