14 - Regret

Another AN before you read. There are three songs for this chapter, the one attached that you should play at the beginning of the chapter, one about 2/3 of the way through, and one towards the end.

I'll make sure to let you know when to play the songs that aren't attached as well as the name of the song and the artist.

With that said, enjoy! :)

------

Harry's POV:

For the past week and a half, all I've felt is regret.

I'd known Charlotte for two months, and we wasted no time becoming best friends. We spent nearly every day together, I'd only ever gone a full day without talking to her twice, and that was only because I didn't want to seem too annoying.

We were never apart for long and the time I spent with her was pure joy. Just being in her presence was heaven on earth, that's why sometimes we wouldn't even be talking when we hung out or called. I'd rather sit in silence with her than be alone.

But things weren't like that anymore.

I hadn't heard from her since I left her door, and life was gloomy. No calls, no texts. No car rides with the volume turned all the way up. I hadn't even heard her voice since then.

I'd spent so much time with her, but I hadn't realized how much until I couldn't talk to her anymore. I knew it was my fault for being so dependent on her, but it didn't change how lonely I was without her.

I tried hanging out with Mitch, but it wasn't the same. We were best mates, but it wasn't the same relationship that I had with Charlotte.

When I first started becoming friends with Charlotte, I tried to deny my feelings for her. I knew she'd been bruised from past relationships and I knew she wasn't looking for anything. But the longer we stayed friends, the more I realized that maybe my feelings weren't so far fetched. The chemistry we had was undeniable.

When she opened up to me about her past relationships, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't hurt her like she'd been hurt in the past. She deserved better, and I was going to be that for her, no matter what it took. Now, I'd hurt her when it was the last thing I intended.

I thought I was doing the right thing with Charlotte, I thought she would react the same way to her song as she had with Joyride, but I was terribly mistaken. Maybe she did appreciate the song, but she definitely didn't appreciate being confronted with emotions like that.

After that night, I reached out to the only person that could help - Isabel. I wasn't in the best state, but I couldn't sleep with the thought that Charlotte hated me running through my head.

"Harry, calm down, it's gonna be okay," she tried to console me.

"But it's not. She couldn't even look at me, she didn't want to talk. She basically closed the door in my face. I'd been vulnerable and open about my feelings and she just shut me out," I replied with tears stinging my cheeks.

"I know and I'm sorry. I gave you the go ahead because I knew she was thinking about telling you how she felt soon, and I thought it was a good time. I should've known that she wouldn't like being confronted like that," she spoke, revealing her own regrets.

"I know she feels the same way, though. She was going to tell you soon, and confronting her like that may have overwhelmed her, but it's not going to change her feelings for you. Just give her time like she asked and she'll come around. She's fragile, and she likes you. If you give her the time she needs, she'll come back around," she continued.