21 - Jewel

Harry's POV:

My eyes adjusted to the light cascading from the window to my left and I felt a certain heaviness overwhelm me as I began to wake. My hands tightened around a familiar waist when I realized Charlotte was laying against my chest, her hair splayed all around her. Her even breaths chilled me as they hit my bare torso and I wondered if she had any idea how much of an effect she'd had on me.

As if on cue, I could feel her breath shallowing as she started to stir.

"Good morning sunshine," I breathed out, running a hand lazily through her hair.

"Geez, do you always wake up at the ass crack of dawn?" she remarked, the morning not being kind to her.

"It's nearly 9," I replied, glancing over to the digital clock on my right.

"Exactly my point," she huffed, slowly dragging herself to sit up. Before she could go anywhere, I was pulling her onto my lap.

"Not a morning person, no?" I asked, pulling her head to rest on my chest, secretly wishing we could just fall back asleep like this.

"You should know me well enough to know that by now," she mumbled against my skin. Sometimes it took everything I had in me to remind myself that this was real. That she was real and this wasn't just all a dream.

"I know, I just like giving you a hard time," I chuckled as she pressed lazy kisses against my neck. Quickly, I was craning my neck and looking up at the ceiling to give her more access. I nearly winced at her absence when she pulled away to mumble again.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet and I'm kissing you," she chuckled. "You don't know what you do to me, Styles." Before I even had time to process what I was doing, my hands were reaching to cup her face and pulling her up to meet my gaze.

"Do I look like I fucking care? Kiss me," I huffed, itching to feel her lips against mine. Thankfully, she'd obliged without so much as a word and I wondered how someone's morning breath could be such a comforting taste. Her hands were needy as I tugged on her bottom lip with my teeth, reaching behind my neck to grab my hair and trying to pull me as close to her as she possibly could.

Moments like these made me wish that everything else in the world could just disappear, leaving only us. I dreaded the thought of anything breaking our current touch and pulling her away from me.

"Harry..." she spoke breathily against my lips, one of her hands making their way against my chest. "It's early and I'm sure you have things to do today..." I ignored her excuses and continued with my lips against hers, my tongue running across her bottom lip just as she parted them for me.

"We shouldn't get all worked up..." she continued, her hips beginning to rock against mine, sending a wave of electricity through my body. She could barely carry out a full sentence and I felt satisfied at the fact that she was just as affected by this as I was.

"If I remember correctly, you started this," I huffed, pulling away to meet her stare. Her eyes flitted from mine to my lips and I already knew how this would be ending.

"Yeah, and now I'm starting to think maybe you should finish it," she remarked, her body shifting on top of mine so suddenly that I hadn't had time to stifle the low moan that was escaping me.

"Only if you're good for me," I'd whispered, leaning down to graze her ear with my teeth, taking notice of the goosebumps that were now littering her neck and shoulder.

"I- I'll be good, I promise," was all she could breathe before I was throwing her over my shoulder, despite her protests, and carrying her to the shower.