10 - A Lovely Girl

Harry's POV:

"Okay, please tell me you saw that too," I spoke hurriedly, trying to rush the conversation before Charlotte got back.

"Of course I saw. You think I'd miss Charlotte grinding on you like that? That wasn't exactly normal for her," she laughed and my stomach fluttered.

"Did you tell her anything?" I questioned her.

"Are you asking if I told her that you've been pestering me for weeks trying to figure out if she likes you? No. But I managed to get something out of her without telling your little secret." I never understood how Isabel had a way of being so easy going at all times. I was a pretty laid back guy myself, but if I were in Isabel's position, I'd be freaking the fuck out.

"Well, what did she say?" I asked, still talking quickly so I could get the answer before Charlotte came back.

"I'm not telling you. All I'll say is that I put in a good word for you, but she's her own person. She doesn't like to be codependent on other people and given her last relationship, she isn't that hopeful when it comes to love. Be patient and just know that even if she does like you, she's nowhere near ready to admit it. Why do you think she's so drunk tonight?" She responded, her voice shifting to a serious tone.

I knew about Charlotte's ex boyfriend, she had told me one night over the phone. She didn't go into a lot of detail, but I understood enough to know that she was still hurt. I also knew she was extremely independent, so I figured our friendship was new territory for her, considering how much time we spend together.

I really liked her, though. I loved having her as a friend, and even though I desperately wished we could be more, I would be okay with whatever she wanted. She's too important to lose.

"And now we both need to laugh and pretend like we're making fun of Adam's dancing so she won't be suspicious," Isabel laughed, yanking me from my thoughts. I laughed along with her as she pointed to Adam and she was right, he was a horrible dancer.

"Thank you for watching this," Charlotte chimed as she grabbed her drink from my hands. "I got some water so I can hopefully sober up a little bit before you guys play," she continued, being so transparent and explaining things she didn't really need to explain. I loved her this way, it wasn't the fact that she was acting different than usual, it was the fact that she was being herself.

It was nearly time for us to play, and I was really nervous. I had a little secret that I hadn't told Charlotte. I wasn't sure how she was going to respond, but I had a feeling she was going to love it.

We all made our way backstage, getting our instruments ready and going over the setlist. I felt like this was an important show, for me and Charlotte. I felt like I could explain a lot more through songs to her than I could just by telling her. I knew if I was direct about how I felt, she'd get scared. If I sang it to her, it was masked behind a good song and it didn't seem as scary.

------

[set list:

Fly - Bloodwitch

Gum - Moose Blood

Dizzy On the Comedown - Turnover

Joyride - Adam Melchor]

"Hey guys, we're Alternative Division and we're gonna play some songs for you tonight. We hope you enjoy."

Sarah started on the drums and Adam came in on the bass. When Mitch started playing, it felt like electricity was running through my veins. I know we were just playing in front of a small crowd, but the high I was feeling was addicting.