25 - Content

It's been three days since our last band rehearsal and tonight was the night. Not only would I be performing with the band, but I'd be singing lead for two of the songs. I wasn't used to being this nervous.

"What's on your mind, sunflower?" Harry asked.

"Just nervous, I guess," I laughed anxiously.

I was doing my makeup while Harry showered and I was apparently too caught up in my thoughts to notice that he'd finished. Most times when I was with Harry, all of my attention was on him. I didn't have time to get wrapped up in my thoughts because I had none. However, as soon as he was out of my sight my anxiety started having a fucking field day. Needless to say, his return was a relief.

"No need to be nervous, you're gonna kill it tonight," he smiled.

After he explained what his song was about a few days ago, I'd been worried about him. I felt like I needed to spend every second of the day with him just so I could know for myself that he was alright. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was when I'd realized he was acting like everything was alright. I know it's been a long time since he moved away from home and time can help these kinds of things, but even I still got a bit upset when I thought about Will.

Maybe that's just how he deals with things. Or maybe it really doesn't bother him. These past couple of days made me realize that there's still a lot of things about him that I just can't read. Which led me to finish the lyrics for the song I'd started earlier in the week.

I'd decided that I would wait until after the show to show it to him. After all, the whole point of the song was to show the worst of myself, so essentially self-sabotage. If he didn't like it and things got tense between us, I'd prefer it to be after our first show together.

"Yeah, we'll see about that," I responded, dryly. I wasn't trying to be short with him, but I was freaking the fuck out.

"Are you almost done with your makeup?" he said, almost whining.

"Are you seriously rushing me right now?" Now the attitude was on purpose. "We still have like two hours before we have to be there, I'm way early. You think I'd be pushing time when it's my first performance with you guys?"

He didn't comment on my snippy tone, and instead hugged me from behind, his head resting on my shoulder as he stared at me through the mirror.

"I'm only asking because there might be a few things I'd like to take care of before we go," he responded, turning his head to press gentle kisses into my neck.

"Are you kidding me?" Now I was laughing. "You couldn't have brought this up before I started my makeup?"

"Mm. Knew you were worried about pushing time, so I figured I'd let you finish that up," he responded after grazing his teeth against my skin. "Besides, I wouldn't dare do anything to mess up your hard work. Just need you to relax."

He wasted no time resuming his previous tasks, the feeling of his teeth nipping at my skin making me squeeze my thighs together out of frustration.

"Fuck, Harry. Give me five minutes," I rushed, pulling my neck away from him. At least let me finish what I was doing first, prick.

"I don't wanna," he mumbled, his face still buried in the crook of my neck.

"Please," I begged with a strained voice. Quickly, he pulled away from me, walking through the door to sit on the edge of his bed as he waited for me. I did notice him grab his phone, putting on Streets by Doja Cat.

"Didn't know you listened to anything like this," I laughed.

"If you're hating on Doja right now, we're gonna have some issues. No one hates on Doja," he laughed.