Chapter Twenty Six - Misunderstanding

The rays of sunlight flared up in the midday sky as the cool breeze ruffled the green leaves from trees as the steady wind blew heavily.

Perspiration dripped down Jaehyun's attractive face as trails of sweat rolled down to his chest and rippled down his fully toned abs.

Full-blown exhaustion started taking over his body as he panted heavily for air. Pulling himself up from the ground, Jaehyun moved swiftly dodging Taeyong's enacted attack.

His lighting fast movements awarded him the upper hand in the combat as he countacted the action as the two powerful swords crashed violently against each other.

The sound of metal colliding against each other screeched through everyone's ears as they watched the friendly spar between their ruthless king and their war general, but this duel is far from friendly.

Taeyong was distracted for a split second and Jaehyun calculated his strategy as he used his leg and kicked the sword out of the general's hand.

Leaving his opponent defenseless, the emperor took the opportunity and held his sword against Taeyong's slim neck indicating that the mighty has won.

The crowd cheered for their ruler but Jaehyun glared at them dauntingly making them shut up immediately.

"This is not a show for you to be entertained. The war is upon us and we do not have time to fool around. Get back to practicing now!" Commanded the emperor as he scolded his warriors.

"And Taeyong, improve on your stamina and speed. I want you invincible in the war. As for the rest of you, you all have your work cut off, now go!" Said the king as everyone scrambled to different spots around the sparing grounds away from Jaehyun.

As Jaehyun was about to start his solo battle techniques a soft voice called out for him.

"Your majesty, why do you not rest for a bit?" Said Ri as both her hands held on to her huge stomach as she walked slowly with Jisoo's help.

"Jisoo, I thought I told you not to bring her here. She can barely walk properly!" Scolded the emperor as he glared at his expecting woman who is in her last trimester of pregnancy.

"Your Majesty, you worry too much, the doctor said that daily walks are vital for the baby's health and growth progress." Said the beauty as a soft giggle left her lips.

"It is rather hot outside, how long have you been out in the sun?" Questioned Jaehyun as he placed his hand against her forehead to feel her temperature.

"Not long, we have just walked through the garden and was about to head back but I heard a loud commotion of excited cheers so I insisted we come and check it out, so we arrived in time to see your match with the general," Ri said as more giggles escaped her lips.

"Oh, you saw that, well that has been more than enough time outside. Jisoo, take her to our chamber and make sure she stomach's something." He said as we withdrew his hand from her skin and turned around to leave but Ri grabbed his wrist.

"I wanted to rest outside for some time. Is that alright with you?" Ri said as she asked him for permission.

"You want to remain here?" Jaehyun asked doubtfully as he could not comprehend why she would want to be there of all places.

"Yes." She answered looking at the emperor with her sweet puppy eyes.

Jaehyun nodded his head helplessly, there was no way he could ever refuse her.

Jisoo understood her lady's request so she walked towards a perfect spot under a tree and laid down a silk blanket along with soft pillows she had packed earlier on.