Chapter Twelve - The Day Before

The moon hung glistening perfectly in the dark atmosphere along with the twinkling stars that filled up the night sky.

Moonlight escaped from the opened window and rested on Ri's sleeping face. This was not the first time Jaehyun saw this scene but each time he does Jaehyun becomes even more fascinated.

How could the gods create someone as stunning as her? She had more beauty and kindness in her little finger than some people have in their whole body and that was something he treasured.

Jaehyun was unable to sleep as he admired her slumbering form. He was a ruthless emperor, but why did this maiden have the power to enchant someone as vicious as him?

His fingers twirled her soft dark brown locks as imagines of their future together fills his head.

He wondered how gorgeous she would look in her traditional wedding dress? How she would feel underneath his body? How she would look when she bared his heir?

He was brought back to earth when he felt Ri shift in her sleep. He stared at her face adoring her angelic features. The day after tomorrow she would finally be his. He held her wrist making their fingers intertwine.

He just has to hold on for just one more day. Then she would be all his! With those thoughts, the mighty king drifted off to sleep.

Jaehyun's pov

Many rays of sunshine landed on my face waking me up with the glint of light.

My eyes opened as I was greeted with the beautiful sight of my sleeping angel. Certainly, god has gifted her with beauty.

I realized it the day before she becomes my bride. There are a lot of preparations to oversee so I may not waste any more time but I have a few minutes to spare for I do not have the will power to leave her side.

"Morning, it is time to wake up." I whispered brushing the hair away from her face.

"Five more minutes, Hongjoong oppa." Said Ri half asleep.

Hongjoong again, why does she care so much about him? Why? When I hear his name my blood boils with jealousy.

"If you care to open your eyes, you will see I am not your wonderful Hongjoong oppa!" I declared as her eyes fluttered open in a flash.

Her eyes looked at me in pure terror. Was she that afraid of me?

"I am so sorry please do not kill him!" Said Ri while sitting up.

"Did you sleep with him?" I asked in a serious tone.

"What no! I am only sixteen years of age. I undoubtedly have not lost my innocence yet!" Said Ri while looking down as her eyes never meeting mine at all.

"Then why would you call his name!" I shouted as she flinched at me raising my voice.

"Well, he would always wake me up early morning to get bathing water and also make the children's lunch for school. I also would accompany my grandmother to the market. So I had to wake up early. I would not want to wake up so I used to say that every morning in hope to get a little more sleep. He is very much like an older brother to me." Mumbled Ri truthfully but I was still very angry.

"Pathetic!" I uttered as tears flooded her eyes.

I let anger take control and hurt her feelings. Ri sat on the bed with the blanket covering her legs as she sniffed wiping her tears away. Why do I always have to make her cry?

I lifted her chin while stroking her cheeks as my thumb wipes all her tears away. I leaned in to take her lips into mine but her small hand blocked the way.

I held her hand kissing the part that touched her lips. Ri closed her eyes as she turned her head to the side. Her cheeks flushed red, I really do love it when she gets shy.

"I will let him live if you let me kiss you!" I said as she stared at me in pure shock.

I took her silence for a yes, and leaned in tasting her soft lips against mine. A heated moment it was, with my tongue in her mouth tasting every inch of her. While Ri sat on my lap as my hands traveled along the curves of her body. My fingers rested on her breast as she moaned along my lips.
I pulled away as she took a huge breath of air.

Our lips departed but I miss the feel of my lips against hers. Shit, I want more. I thought as I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Today, you are going to meet my court so behave yourself. The wedding is tomorrow. The handmaids will come to attend to you!" I said leaving her behind in the room alone.

I just can not wait for the moment she becomes mine.

Ri's pov

I can not believe I will be the wife that that monster and there is nothing I can do about it. I am completely helpless. If I try to escape this time there is no telling what he might do.

Before I could think any further I heard a loud knock on the room.

"Your Highness, sorry to disturb you. We have orders to prepare you for the meeting the emperor's court." Said a woman as she bowed down along with five others.

"Hello there, you do not have to address me so formally. My name is Ri." I said while flashing a smile.

"I will address you as lady Ri when we are alone and your highness when we are in public. I must say you are truly polite. No one would ever treat castle servants in such a kind manner. My name is Jisoo, lady Ri." Said Jisoo returning my smile.

"Nice to meet you Jisoo." I said as the handmaids accompanied to the lavatory.

I stepped into the heated water completely relaxing as my body merged releasing hot stream.

They washed my long hair with flower fragranced oils and shampoo. Once we had finished I got out and changed into a beautiful traditional dress.

 Once we had finished I got out and changed into a beautiful traditional dress

I sat on the bed dying my hair when I heard the door opening.

"Do you need anything Jisoo," I asked as I continued to dry my hair.

"I am not Jisoo. Turn around!" Announced a rough voice.

"Ohh, your majesty! You are here!" I said looking at him as fear started to build up.

He walked up to me and grabbed my wrist pulling along until we reached a set of golden doors with dragons decorated on them.

The doors opened revealing a huge number as they stared that us.

"This is my bride to be. Treat her well. If I get even one complaint from her, I will have your head. She is going to be your queen after all." Said the king making my cheeks heat up.

I still can not believe today is the day before our wedding.