Chapter Seventeen - Warm

The sun was blazing dazzlingly in the morning sky as rays entered the emperor's bedroom chamber where Jaehyun laid awake.

Ri's words could not stop spinning around in his head. When she uttered those words her lips trembled as her soft voice quivered in fear.

He watched as her gentle tears threatened to fall, the whole time she spoke, the only thing echoed in his head was... What have I done!

Ri slumbered on the soft bed as she laid flat with her hands on the stomach. Jaehyun gazed at his sleeping wife with guilt building up as her small red wrist caught his eyes.

Why does he always think about myself, never realizing the pain he put her through.

He truly loves Ri with all of his heart, body, and soul but that was something she would never know. She probably thinks he has an obsession and desire for only her body, which is not true. Every fiber of her being attracts Jaehyun making him so captivated that he never wants to leave her side. It is like he is bewitched by her sheer existence and enchanted by her mere presence. And with her goddess-like beauty and physique makes him yearn no crave for more.

He glanced at his queen's sleeping features unable to look away. Her brown eyes were closed as her pink lips were slightly parted as her chest raised up and down at her steady breathing. Her cheeks were rosy red as the sun-kissed her skin giving Ri a radiant glow.

Jaehyun carefully held her red wrist trying not to wake her up as his lips touched her soft skin. He was attempting to kiss all the pain away.

Well to answer her question yesterday. No, he was no happy knowing he put Ri threw pain as well as she feared his entire figure more than ever.

Ri's pov

I felt a presence holding my arm as I felt a burning tingle on my wrist.

I slowly opened my eyes as my vision adjusted to the brightness of the room.

My brown orbs fluttered open as I came face to face with him. The glow from the lavender candle was reflected on his pale skin as his soft hair covered his eyes while he bit his top lip trying to concentrate on his task.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a soft tone as he seemed taken back by the fact that I was awake.

"Oh, you are finally awake!" Said the emperor in his husky as he avoided my question.

My heart skipped a beat as his hot breath blown on my wrist drying the ointment he just applied.

Did he well guilty that he hurt me yesterday? Maybe he is not so cold after all. Why do I have this warm feeling in my heart?

No, I should not think like this...He is a ruthless monster right if I let my guard down now, he would just hurt me even more in the future.

"What time is it now?" I asked while he drapes a white bandage across both my wrist.

"It is almost noon." He said as my facial expression changed into a shocked one.

"Oh my gosh, it is so late. Did I sleep for so long? I did not even have a bath!" I mumbled trying to get up but he pushed me back down.

"It is fine, I called Jisoo to wash your body. You will rest the whole day." Warned the king sternly as I shook my head agreeing not wanting to disobey him.

"Good girl, so open wide!" He said bringing a spoonful of noodles soup to my mouth.

"But I can feed myself!" I whispered as his free hand held my chin up.