Chapter one - Beginning

The gloaming night sky was surrounded by nothing more than total darkness.

The only source of light that lit up the extraordinary waterfall was the shimmering moonlight that reflected on the wavy water.

There looking up registering the peaceful setting in front of him. Crown prince Jaehyun sighed as he watched the water flow over and over again.

He always came to this hidden location when he needed to escape from his own thoughts. It was simply so amicable that he enjoyed every second of it.

Not many people ever ventured to this dwelling because in the olden days of the first emperor of the kingdom. It was rumored that supernatural occurrences occurred in this watery paradise. Such as magic and time portals.

But Jaehyun was never the one to believe in aspects that he could not see with his own two eyes.

Little did he know what was coming! Never underestimate the power of fate. It always plays tricks.

Walking towards the wet surface of the pool of water that collected at the bottom of the refreshing waterfall.

His teenage feet stepped into the cold stream creating water ripples that enlarged with each step he took.

At the tender age of fourteen being the crown prince was not an easy task. Being his father's first pureblood son compelled him to put extra effort.

He had to be the best in all aspects of training. From sword fighting to strategy meetings. From a child, all he knew was training for the battlefield. He can not even remember having a normal childhood other than training or studying. He was the successor to the royal throne after all.

Being at the young age he is, he was already experienced in martial arts and an expert in sword fighting. He was excellent in hand to hand combat too.

His young eyes already saw the bloodshed of war. His young hands already had a river of blood stained on them. That is why the nickname killing machine was given to him.

However, he was not proud of earning that name but being his father's mist accomplished son was something that grew on him. He wanted more.

It was just a matter of years until he rules over this kingdom with an iron fist. He wanted to be called the almighty emperor.

His trail of thoughts unexpectedly ended abruptly due to the sudden glow on the highlights of the water's surface.

The ground under him started to shake lightly making the water uneasy. The tide of waves followed soon after.

In all his years of entering this waterfall, Jaehyun has never experienced something so mind-blowing like this.

After a couple of minutes of the strange events that unfolded the bright colour of pigments started to fade.

Everything was back to normal until he saw a figure that started gasping for air.

Jaehyun swam closer to the figure only noticing it was a small girl who seemed to be around six years of age. She had long dark brown hair but was dressed in strange clothing. It looked nothing like the traditional attire that females in the kingdom wore.

As the girl looked up finally meeting his gaze as their eyes locked. This feeling was indescribable. Never in his life did he feel this way after seeing someone's face for the first time.

This young girl was absolutely lovely. He has never laid eyes on someone who held her level of beauty. It was like she bewitched him.

Jaehyun just wanted to keep her forever. If she looked so pretty now imagine how she would look when she got older? Totally breathtaking right?

"What is your name, little girl?" Jaehyun asked with a soft tone as his fingers lifted up her chin.

Never in his life did he speak to another in such a way. He shocked himself at his soft words.

"My name is R-Ri!" Answered the child as she stuttered at Jaehyun's overwhelming presence.

But before he could say a word more something unpredictable happened...