Chapter Six - Parade

The sun shined radiantly casting its beautiful rays on the kingdom's active village.

Every person regardless of status. Whether a commoner or a noble was engaged in the preparations for the parade that was commencing in a few hours.

Ri stood with a basket of flower petals, gracefully embellishing the pathway for the king's chariot and his thirty horses.

She decorated in such a way it resembled the look of a red carpet. The one's celebrities use as a walkway in the modern world so of course, the king deserves the same kind of treatment. After all, it is he who rules these lands.

Once she had finished her task, Ri helped the elderly woman carry the material inside the shed.

"Ri dear, are you done now?" Said the grandmother who she loved so dearly.

"Yes, I have just finished!" Said the most beautiful girl in the village.

"Soori, you do not think that Ri is lovely enough to become one of the king's concubines." Said one of the grandmother's friends.

"Do not be ridiculous, she is far more beautiful than the other girl in the village. She is the village's proud beauty." Said the grandmother as she kissed Ri's forehead.

All the other village girls turned their heads at the sight of Ri. Yes, no matter what. No one can compare to her.

"Ri, go get changed for the parade!" Said her savior.

Ri did not know she was in for a huge surprise.

Jaehyun's pov

Inside my changing room chamber, the hand attendants carefully draped my royal robes in a dignified manner.

Once the lustrous golden crown adorned my head, the parade was ready to begin.

Seated in the chariot along with my many majestic fully groomed horses. We marched through the village to celebrate the opening of the new dam a parade was called. I may be selfish but the only reason I agreed to proceed with the parade was to see Ri.

As we journeyed through the village, all the young girls tried to catch my attention to grasp the opportunity of entering my palace as a concubine. I was no fool, I did not need more woman to fill my castle, I already have several. But I only truly want just one! I only want Ri.

As we passed each commoner bowed to their king. My eyes wandered studying each person until she caught my sight.

Wearing that beautiful traditional dress that complements her natural features

Wearing that beautiful traditional dress that complements her natural features. With beautiful flowers that surrounded her. Why must she look so astonishing without even trying? Among all these women I would say Ri is the finest.

As my chariot passed her. Ri picked up her head and for an instant, our eyes locked. She touched the joint between her neck and shoulder. The same place where I left my mark on her fair skin. Her eyes widen in realization. Oh, so she remembers. She clutched her heart as she looked down avoiding my gaze.

I proceeded to make my way to the dam as the villagers followed from behind.

As I landed I noticed and spoke to the village head. My royal priest conducted a prayer so this place may flourish.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed that Hongjoong peasant making his way towards Ri. Oh, hell is going to break loose or not.

Ri's pov

I can not believe he is the king. The man from the waterfall. Why him of all people? I do not know how to feel about the situation. Truth to told the mere sight of him makes me afraid.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Hongjoong oppa. We smiled and exchanged words. He is always making me laugh and smile with his funny sense of humor.

I felt someone glaring at us so I looked to the side only to meet his dark eyes. The mighty emperor with his vast empire. The way he was staring at me sent shivers down my spine.

I excused myself telling Hongjoong oppa I will see him later. I ran into the forest. I have no idea why I am running in the first place. I thought he will let me be. But that was a tremendous mistake.

He followed me to the woods but why? What does he want from me? Why can he not leave me alone?

I ran passed large trees going farther in the forest to try and get away from him but the sleeve of my dress got caught in a tree branch.

I tried to detangle the material as fast as I can but was too late. There stood before my very eyes were the ruthless emperor.

How did he catch up to me so fast? What did I expect? He is the god of the battlefield so obviously, he is physically fit.

He stepped closer to me as I backed away in fear. I shut my eyes tightly as I could sense his presence right in front of me.

Then I felt it. His fingers stroked my wrist as he detangles my sleeve from the tree branch. Once he was done I tried to pull my hand away but he pushed me against the tree.

He lowed his head to my ear as he whispered those words.

"You look beautiful today but I would appreciate if you keep your distance with that Hongjoong boy or I shall have his head!" He would kill Hongjoong.

"It looks like you forget something! You are mine!" He said as his free hand travels around my waist.

His other hand captured both my wrist pinning them above my head as his hot breath hit my ear. Those simple actions of his sent tingles around my stomach. There is that feeling again.

His hand reaches to open the top of my dress leaving me in complete shock.

"You can not do that!" I said as I tried to move my wrist so I could remove his hand but he was too strong.

I closed my eyes and turned my head as his hot breath hit the exposed skin of my cleavage. I was trying to hold the tears back as our bodies pressed against each other.

He caressed my cheeks going to my neck. His long fingers traced the soft skin of my neck going down to the valley of my breast.

Suddenly his lips touched my skin the same place as before. He sucked my skin recreating the dark mark that was once there. This time I could not hold my tears back.

He let me go with these words...

"I will see you again, princess! Be prepared for what is going to happen next!"