Chapter Eighteen - Rain

Daylight broke in the morning sky as beautiful colors completed the soft tone of the gentle sunrise.

Looking outside the window a delicate smile graced his lips at the wonderful shades of hues up in the blue sky.

Jaehyun looked at his gorgeous wife as his dark eyes held a glint of softness for her. She looked absolutely flawless as a small smile tugged on her lips as the image of the sunrise reflected off the mesmerizing brown orbs.

"Beautiful." He mistakenly muttered out failing to keep his thoughts in his head from looking at her elegant form.

"I am sorry, did you say something?" Asked Ri taken aback as she when she heard his voice.

"Umm, I said the sky is beautiful!" Said Jaehyun turning his head so she would not notice the slight blush on his face.

Of course, he was not talking about the sky. But that was something she would not know.

"Yes your majesty, it is very beautiful but where are we head too?" Asked Ri as she fiddled with her fingers.

"We are going to my sister's estate to pick my mother up." Jaehyun said while staring at her face.

"I did not know you had a sister. She is related to you by both parents." She asked curiously.

"Yes, we share the same parents. She was born a few years before me." Replied Jaehyun as he eyed her sparkling lips.

He had had that ferocious look in his dark eyes just like the night before.

His fingers stroked up her hands before caressing her soft cheeks but he stopped when he noticed the fear building up in her eyes.

Ri was always afraid of him. He does not know how to express himself but only realizes on brute strength. She just tried to smile in the little moments she could.

As time passed suddenly, Jaehyun felt her head resting against his shoulder. He looked at the ceiling of his golden chariot not wanting to look at her because once he does there is no holding myself back.

After what seemed like an eternity he finally gave in to his temptation. He brushed her hair off her face tucking her locks behind her ear. She must be tried, they had woken up before dawn to make this journey.

His fingers pressed against her lips as he leaned down cupping her face in his large hands. He pressed his lips against her soft ones as he tasted her sweetness she had to offer.

Breaking the kiss his eyes roamed her body traveling down her chest as he stared at the low cut of the beautiful robe that exposed the valley between her breast that he could see from the angle he was seated at.

He just wanted to rip the cloth off her body taking her here and now but he had to control himself.

Ri's pov

I felt large hands wrapped around my waist as a husky voice whispered in my ear.

"Wake up!" Said the king as I opened my eyes startled by our position.

His large hand wrapped around my body trapping in his arms as my head rested against his shoulder while his other hand while his other free hair played with small strands of my hair.

"I am sorry for falling off to sleep but you can let go of me now." I mumbled as his hold only got tighter.

"But I do not want to let you go!" Said the emperor as he nuzzled into my neck kissing my skin.