Chapter Nineteen - Signs

The sun hung up radiantly in the midday sky as light surrounded the castle.

It had been two weeks since the romantic ordeal occurred in the cave.

In the emperor's room, Ri sat on the wooden chair as her attendants played with her hair.

They asked so sweetly so how could she refuse, she was bored either way so it was a win-win.

"My lady, have you ever thought of playing a prank on the emperor?" Asked the lady curiously.

"No, I have never!" Said Ri shaking her head.

"Why do you not try, it will be fun!" Said the lady as her hand brushed through Ri's hair.

"I do not know! The emperor has a bad temper!" Ri replied instantly feeling afraid of what he might to her.

"Please at least try! I do not think It would be so bad!" Muttered the lady trying to convince her.

"Ok fine, what should I do?" Asked Ri as the attended bent down and whispered the instructions in her ear.

Later that night Jaehyun entered his room feeling exhausted from a long day of training.

He laid down on the bed but sat up when he heard the bathroom door opening.

Ri had a loose rope draped across her beautiful figure as her long locks were tied in a loose bun with strands coming down.

She looked extremely attractive as she sat down on the bed but when Jaehyun looked at her neck his blood boiled.

He pulled her body closer to his making her sit on his lap facing him as he ran his fingers down the marks on her neck.

His knuckles went white from all the rage he experienced when he realized what they were.

"What are these marks doing on your neck?" Asked Jaehyun in a harsh tone as his hands tightly gripped her waist as his gaze darkens.

"What marks are you talking about?" Ri asked trying to act confused as she slipped out of his grip.

She tried to keep a distance between them as soon as the situation fired up but Jaehyun yanked her wrist, holding both of them tightly behind her back.

"You think I am playing with you?" Growled as his neck pressed against her shoulders sending chilling shivers down her spine.

"How dare you let someone else touch what is mine! I own you! Your body is mine! I made myself clear that I would never share you so who gave you the right to give yourself to someone else who is not your husband!" Snarled the emperor squeezing her wrists so tight it might break with the force he was using.

"You are hurting me!" Cried Ri as the sharp pain compressed on her small arms.

"No, can you not see! You are hurting me!" Said Jaehyun flinging her on the bed.

He moved closer as she backed away in fear. Tears clouded her vision as she cursed the thought of ever pranking him. Jaehyun eyed her like a hawk that was about to devour their prey whole. He gripped the tresses of her robe completely ripping pieces apart. Exposing the creamy skin of her chest, showing her cleavage and smooth thighs.

He clenched her neck pulling her body down on the bed. With her force he was applying Ri could not breathe properly.

"Who was the man that dared to touch my belongings?" Asked Jaehyun as his teeth gritted for the frustration he was feeling as he clutched her neck tighter leaving red marks as she choked for air.