Chapter Eight - Had Enough

Beautiful shades of warm colors rested against the horizon. The hues coincided with each other making a gorgeous sunset.

Waking with the woman of his dreams in his arms, Jaehyun felt his heart skip a beat with every step he took.

From her slender fingers resting on his chest or grabbing his robe to wrapping her arms around his neck. Jaehyun knew she did not even want to touch him. The only reason for their skinship was the fact that Ri did not want to fall. But little did she know that her little innocent touches were enough to send Jaehyun off the edge.

He looked down at Ri with a small smile decorating his face, well not at she could see it since her eyes were covered. The cold wind blew against their forms making Ri hid her face against Jaehyun's broad chest.

Jaehyun rested his chin on her head as he smelt her intoxicating rosy scent. He inhaled her flowery fragrance and pressed a kiss on the crown of her hair.

"Are you scared?" Jaehyun whispered as his lips hovered over her the tender skin of her neck sending shivers down her spine.

But before he could get an answer a voice called.

"Ri!" Called the unknown man.

Turning his head in annoyance Jaehyun turned his head to look at the man who ruined their moment. And the bloodthirsty king was no pleased at all.

Ri's pov

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I heard his velvet voice. But why was he here?

"Hongjoong Oppa!" I said as the unknown man held my wrist tightly.

"Hey, you bastard! What the hell do you think you are doing? Let her go now!" Yelled Hongjoong as he ran with full speed and punched the stranger's face pulling me out of his arms.

"Hongjoong Oppa, please do not misunderstand the situation. I fell so he offered to carry me home!" I said trying to calm him down.

"Then why did he cover your eyes?" Growled Hongjoong as he removed the material that was wrapped around my eyes.

My vision adjusted to the light as I saw the sight in front of me. The unknown stranger had a cloth covering half of his face as he held his jaw tightly.

He had massive waves of black aura around him as his eyes were a shade of crimson. He was in a state of pure rage.

"I have no idea, but you showed apologize for punching him without listening to the full story." I scolded Hongjoong.

"Okay if my princess wants me to apologize then I shall." Said Hongjoong earning a smile from me.

"Good sir, I am ashamed of my actions. I beg your pardon for my behavior." Said Hongjoong as he looked at the ground.

The stranger did not say anything but just glared at him.

Hongjoong turned around and his hands wrapped around my body as he carried me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as a blush crept on my cheeks.

"You hurt your legs right! So a beautiful princess needs to be carried by her night and shiny armor, not a stranger. Let us go home." Said Hongjoong as he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ears.