SEVENTEEN - 십칠

I sigh, leaning back into my seat while the scenery whizzes past me

I sigh, leaning back into my seat while the scenery whizzes past me. The last days of Spring slowly withering away as I see some trees slowly changing into the golden hues of Autumn.

In the car, some music plays, just to fill the silence that surrounds me. It's moments like this that I wish I'd let Taehyung stay. I've never been on the long road alone. Always choosing to travel with someone beside me, especially when it's close to sunset time.

Nayeon had scheduled an overflow of meetings today. Some of them involving projects that our company had to support. Being one of the main manufacturers of Technology in Korea, many startups wanted to have Kim Group invest in them. After numerous conversations with Father and the board, Taehyung and I decided that it would only be fair to accept a select few. We were also there at some point.

Gloria had been present for most of the meetings today. Her stern expression always showing itself to me whenever I said something she wasn't happy with. To this day, she still hasn't accepted the fact that I am a CEO of Kim Group. Because of her constant disapproval a huge amount of time was spent on meetings that should've been quick.

Now, watching as cars drive past me and knowing the amount of hours ahead, I'm regretful that I didn't ask Jeongguk to wait for me. He called me just before leaving asking if I was sure that I wanted to drive alone. I was honest and told him I had no desire to endure 4 hour ride with his ex girlfriend. He understood then.

Taehyung phoned me a couple of times to check up on me. Jimin, with his easy-going personality didn't mind waiting a few more hours claiming there was no real reason to be there early. I rejected their offer too.

My phone rang, scaring me with its loud chime. Judging from the song, I knew it was Jeongguk.

"Baby." I answered, connecting an in ear. "I told you not to phone me when I'm driving."

Jeongguk sighed. "Love, I know and I'm sorry, but it's been 2 hours since you left the office. How far are you?"

"I'm a distance away from Seoul. When I got home Shaun was with one of the staff. I had to make sure Mother came home to him." I answer, feeling frustration again toward Mother. If Fei were to hear about it, she'd be upset. Seokjin would also not be happy.

Mother came home, with a freshly styled bob as her official style for the wedding. I didn't even compliment her, instead I just handed her grandson to her with a quick goodbye kiss to the both of them. I could only hope she'd look after him and not hire a temporary nanny.

"Better not tell his parents then." Jeongguk speaks. "Call me when you get to Daejeon, okay?"

I nod, even through he can't see me. "Yes, my love, I'll do that. Keep your phone close."

He hums. "Bye, baby."

"See you, Guk."

He disconnects the call with a kiss sound that makes me smile. I'm looking forward to spending time with him these few days. Outside of Seoul, the media and business surrounding our relationship. It's been a while since we've been together alone without any duties to fulfill. I can't even remember the last time we went on a date. Those have been far and few as more responsibilities pile up.