EPILOGUE 2 :The Toddlers

"Jeon-" I speak, only to get cut off by his lips on my own. Something that's been occurring ever since Taehyung was kind enough to fetch Nari and Jeongsan for the weekend. All because he feels Jeongguk and I have to spend more time together. Mother tells me it's because he's practicing for his own marriage one day with his long-term girlfriend Lizelle. A beautiful girl from overseas.

"Can we just clean first?" I ask, pulling away from his already swollen mouth. Bright pink lips standing out against his skin. A thin layer of sweat resting just above the eyebrows. "We've been going at it and it's lovely, but the house is dirty and-"

"And you just want to see me doing chores. I'm starting to think it turns you on." He teases, nipping at my neck like he hasn't been bruising it all weekend.

"You do look hot sweeping." I retort, running a hand through his locks. "Love watching your back flex when you scoop it all up."

Jeongguk bursts into a fit of giggles, pulling away from me, "You're honestly so weird. How could the sight of me cleaning actually turn you on?" He laughs, fetching the broom while I watch his body retreat.

"How could you actually try to get me in the mood while I'm sitting on the kitchen counter?" I ask, sending him a questioning eyebrow.

"Maybe I want another baby-"

"Not happening. Now get to sweeping, Daddy." I smile, running a foot up his thigh. Jeongguk chuckles in response, making his way toward the lounge while I walk ahead of him to the staircase.

"See you upstairs, baby." He smirks, slapping my behind while I prance away.

-

"Tell me the two of you weren't doing the naughty right now." Taehyung mumbles as he steps into the house with Jeongsan in his arms and Nari letting go of his hand to run toward me. A big smile on her face as she jumps into my arms.

"Hello, baby girl. Did you have fun with uncle Tae?" I ask, taking in her freshly cut hair. A short little bob I don't approve of.

"Yes, mommy. He bought me toys and grandma took me to the hair salon." She smiles, pulling an identical one out of me, while Taehyung passes to put Jeongsan on the sofa.

"Where's Jeongguk?"

"He's asleep." I answer, leaving Nari to walk to her room.

Taehyung watches her walk away, a smile on his face. One I know means mischief. It's been years now, but Taehyung and Jimin can't help but taunt me every chance they get.

"You must have kept him entertained all weekend." He clicks his tongue, walking past me to the kitchen island.

I swat his hands away from the box of chocolates, knowing Taehyung and his knack for snacking at my house. It's even worse when Lizelle and him argue. Despite the distance between our home and Seoul, Kim Taehyung takes the drive every time.

"And you and Lizelle? Don't you worry that she'll fall pregnant?"

He shrugs, "We're getting married anyways. Doesn't really make a difference."

Before I can argue, Nari enters the lounge with her still sleepy father holding onto her hand. Squinted eyes staring at Taehyung with a frown. "What happened to her hair?"

It's a question, but his still sleepy voice makes it sound more intimidating than what it actually is. Taehyung does not look at all affected by the sight of Jeongguk or the tone of his voice. Knowing he loves his daughter to bits, enough to pick a fight about her new hairstyle.

My brother ambles toward the two, "Mother took her to the salon. It's not big deal." He shrugs, turning to Nari, "Do you like it, Nari?"

She nods, shaking her head. Jeongguk passes me a look. One that means we're not done with this discussion.

-

"She's our daughter. We decide what hairstyle she's meant to have." Jeongguk argues falling into the heap of pillows on our bed. Taehyung had just left the house after building Jeongguk up with enough agitation for the day. How he still manages to remain an annoyance baffles me at times.

Beside the man, I sigh not wanting to go into the conversation too much. Mother did what she deemed right. If Nari loves it, it's enough for us to just call it a night.

"And that hairstyle of all things?" He continues, huffing while I pat his head, coaxing him to sleep. "She looks like her brother."

"They're twins, Jeongguk." I retort, breaking out into a laugh at his reason.

Unlike when they were babies, Jeongsan and Nari started to resemble each other more and more each day. A result that had them looking less like their father and more like a good mix between myself and Taehyung. To the point where strangers would assume they were his children. The only sign of them being his children were their eyes. Big, round and innocent looking, unlike myself or my brother.

"Not identical." He quips. "And she's already not girly. I don't want her to hang around boys." He whines.

I sigh, rolling my eyes at his drama. "I hung around you and look where we are now-"

"Exactly!"

"Just go to bed, love. Her hair will grow out in no time."