SIX - 육

Taehyung released a sigh witnessing the exchange between Namjoon and Soa

Taehyung released a sigh witnessing the exchange between Namjoon and Soa. A few employees not failing to hide their interest in the despute. In the moment he was thankful for Jeongguk. Had the man not been present, Taehyung was sure she'd retaliate. Judging by the glare Soa sent Namjoon, he was sure she had a lot more to say. He was thankful she hadn't said it.

Dismissing his secretary, he followed after the couple. Knowing Namjoon he'd probably go on a call with Jin. It's something he's always done when arguing with either of his younger siblings. They didn't argue often. Most of their arguments consisted of avoidable things, but because they had such opposite personalities they always clashed. Difference of opinion always the main cause.

He doesn't knock when entering her office. He's never had a reason to. The transparent walls show she's not busy. With Jeongguk holding onto her, Taehyung is sure she's crying from frustration. Soa had always been that way.

Between the four of them she was easily the most argumentative, but inside her heart, she hated arguing with her brothers. He knew that since they were kids. As the closest in age, Taehyung had the opportunity to observe Soa a lot more than Namjoon and Jin did. Growing up together he always understood her better. That's why he doesn't entertain the "go away" she mumbles, aware that he's entered her office.
She hates crying in front of him even though it happens often.

He watches the couple. Jeongguk whispers sweet nothings into her ear even though he's not the cause of her tears. He gives her praises about how strong she is and how proud he is to be hers. It's things Taehyung has heard enough times to break it up.

"Okay, everyone is watching the two of you," He turns to look at all the nearby staff who don't hide their gawking. "So break it up. The last thing we need is another article on how touchy you are."

Soa pulls away sending her brother a glare. Red eyes not a pretty sight. Judging by the way Jeongguk wipes the escaping tears, he's sure the man has become accustomed to it. He's the only one she cries in front of besides Taehyung.

As they'd grown older Soa had forgotten how to hide her emotions. Seokjin had been the one to teach the both of them on how to handle their emotions in the world that they grew up in. He was an expert at it too. Much like Namjoon, Seokjin was able to remain calm and polite in situations Taehyung and Soa couldn't help but let out scowls. "You can't be too transparent. It'll be used against you." He warned.

Over the years Soa had become an open book. She couldn't hide her displeasure of anything. If her mouth didn't speak it, her face would expose her inner feelings.

"You really put up a fight back there." Taehyung starts.

Jeongguk sends him a look, "Not now man. Save it for dinner."

If Soa was unable to hide emotions,, Jeongguk was the perfect opposite. He'd never show any unpleasant look in public. Getting him to voice his honest opinion was an even greater struggle. Taehyung assumes it's because he's an only child. The pressure of one day taking over Jeon Corp. has always rested on his shoulders.

"Dinner? If I hear you and Namjoon argue tonight, I'm seriously leaving." Taehyung groans taking a seat on the leather sofa. "Guk are you busy tonight?"

"Shareholders meeting at 7,but I'll be free after 9." He answers copying the action.

Soa scowls at the two of them. "Don't leave me alone with the Kims."

Taehyung notices the way she says the family name. He doesn't say anything about it. His sister has always been vocal about her disdain towards their life. Even more now that they were adults. Their parents and siblings were aware of her feelings, but only Taehyung addressed it every now and then.

Taehyung chuckles. "You pissed them off. I'm pretty sure they have a lot to say to you."

Soa sighs. She knows her fate probably involves an awkward supper with her family. Taehyung, as always, will find a way to make himself unavailable for the evening. Namjoon will scold her for her behaviour. Her mother will chip and talk about the woman she has become. Her father will deliver some sort of punishment.

"I wonder what he'll take away this time." She sighs, leaning against her desk. "My car?"

"Soa, it's not a joke. You seriously need to think out your most earnest apology." Jeongguk answers, not missing the eye roll she sends him.

"Don't bother, Guk. You're speaking to a brick wall." Taehyung retorts.

"I don't like seeing you cry, but you're at fault in this situation." His attention is directed at Soa.

Behind the bored stare she gives Jeongguk, Taehyung knows he's getting through the her. He's always been able to. Even when they were just two teenagers tiptoeing around each other.

"We're getting married in a few months. It's time you learn how to conceal your feelings."

There's a finality in his voice. One she doesn't dispute, but instead nods her head at the man.

"He just went all CEO Jeon on you, sis." Taehyung laughs despite the heaviness that hangs in the air.

Soa ignores him and says goodbye to Jeongguk who groans about a meeting he has in half an hour. With a kiss and a handshake, he leaves the office.

Soa sighs taking a seat next to Taehyung.      "I'm already dreading going home."