TEN - 십

"You know I love you, right?" Jeongguk utters next to me

It's a break in the silence we've been walking in. Despite the cold air that's coming from the lake, that sentence brings more chills to my skin. It's never carried anything pleasant along with it in every romantic movie I've ever watched.

"I would hope so." I answer, watching as he let's out a sigh into the air. Breath forming white fog that quickly dissappears.

He's dressed casually. In a pair of grey sweatpants and a matching hoodie. It's not an outfit choice I see a lot these days. The sight reminds me of our university days. The days where all we had to do was study and show up to class. No business talk or meetings involving either of us.

Jeongguk let's out another sigh, pulling my attention back to him. His hair moves with the breeze that rolls over the lake. It's a peaceful sight, but I know he's probably going to say something I won't like.

"And I respect you as an equal. I want you to pursue your dreams and have interests in things-"

"I'm not following, Gguk." I interrupt.

He turns to me with a serious expression, pulling the both of us to a stop. It makes me nervous because he's never serious when we're alone. The Jeongguk that walks around the Jeon office, is not the same Jeongguk I cuddle up to after hours, so the sight worries.

"I don't think you should accept your father's proposal."

My mind wanders back to the meeting. The tension that had entered the room was too much. The way Taehyung tried to hide his disappointment from me through fake smiles. Smiles I've never been on the receiving end of. He could fool many with those smiles, but not me. I knew he wasn't happy.

Jeongguk didn't say much after the meeting. Leaving the building as soon as it was over. So standing here beside the lake at the Jeon Mansion, I'm not surprised at what he says.

"I was hoping we wouldn't speak about this." I mumble, looking past his face, into the darkness that lies over the lake. It's a view that scares me, but right now it's better than allowing my emotions to be swayed by Jeongguk.

"We can't not speak about it. As your future husband it affects me too." He says, softly. His tone pulls at my heartstrings, but I can't let it phase me. Not when my decision carries so many consequences.

"I know, but I want to make this decision without having everyone's opinion in it-"

"But mine has always been based on what's best for you," Jeongguk interrupts. "And I know you're only considering this because you want to please your father."

Standing still like this, the breeze over the lake seems colder. Jeongguk picks up on my cold and pulls me into his side. The both of us continue walking, hoping it'll help ease the tension we'd created in the span of two minutes.

"Why are you so against it?"

Jeongguk sighs. "It'll break Taehyung's heart."

"You're bluffing." I answer.

Jeongguk chuckles. "Okay, I am. I don't have a reason, but I don't feel good about it."

I don't reply, but I agree. There's no reason not to take up the offer, but there's something missing. Why would Father and the board all of a sudden need me to takeover Kim Group? It hasn't even been a month since they've scolded me for              "interrupting" Namjoons Contract signing.

"I'll ask Joon what he knows." Jeongguk hums in agreement. "And let's get off this topic now. I came here to see you. The last thing I want to do now is talk business."

"What would you like to do then?" He asks, peering at me. He's not too tall, so the angle gives me the perfect view of his lips.

"Kiss." I answer, smiling when his mouth pulls into a smirk.

"Been that long?" Jeongguk smiles, bunny like teeth biting at his bottom lip.

I roll my eyes at his teasing and connect my lips to his. Feeling like soft pillows and tasting like the strawberry chapstick I know he uses to stay "moisturised." My hands wrap around his neck, bringing him even closer without pulling apart.

Jeongguk makes a sound similar to a groan when I let go of his hand. Now free, it pulls him even closer. He responds by resting a hand on my hip.

Gentle, sweet, slow, I melt into him. I love how he feels the same. Soft lips pulling on my own erupting a low moan out of me. It's something I know I'll enjoy for the rest of my life. Being able to kiss him without having to worry about prying eyes or jealous girls.

I pout when he pulls away. Soft lips trailing over my face with kisses. Popping sounds the only noise being heard in the quiet night.

"I love you." He says, with a final peck.

I sigh out catching my breath. My eyes taking in the endearing man. It's dark, but I can make out the adoring smile he has on his face. He's always been cute.

"I love you." I answer, attaching to his lips again.

Jeongguk pulls away, unwrapping my arms.
"I think we've burnt enough calories for the day." It's his nice way of saying it's time to leave. I don't argue.

Checking my phone, the big numbers 11:30 stare back at me with 5 messages from Taehyung. I ignore them and pull him in for a hug. It's been a while since I've had him all to myself. Even now, our meet ups consist of late night walks around the lake. He jokes that we're becoming like his grandparents.

"You okay?" He asks, rubbing at my back.

I wish we could stay like this for a while longer. Just be two people in love like we were back in university. The place where no one knew us. If they did, they didn't show any interest in what we would do. All the parties we'd go to. All the times Jeongguk and I would make out in public. We were free then.

"I just miss you" I sigh, pulling away from him. "Wish I could see you more."

"I'm sorry." He sighs, placing a kiss on my forehead. "And thank you for staying with me. Wouldn't have made it so far without you."

-

Tell me what you think? Should Soa accept the offer of becoming CEO?

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️