TWO - 이

SEEMS LIKE THE HEIRS ARE ACTING UP!

Last night Kim Group celebrated the wedding proposal of their second eldest heir, Kim Namjoon. Attending the event were other corporate celebrities; Park Jimin and Jeon Jeongguk along with their parents. Min Yoongi also made an appearance, but left quickly afterwards.

We don't have much news on the event as it was private , but the after party was a total ruckus. It seems the heirs can't keep up their picture perfect images for too long.

Park and baby Kim wasted no time in getting drunk, even taking to post videos to their social media accounts leaving many fans disappointed. On the other hand Jeon seemed to enjoy getting handsy with his long-term girlfriend Kim Soa. It seems he'd forgotten about the cameras.

Big Kim wasted no time in getting Jeon to control himself, but the act had already been caught on camera. It seems she only becomes playful when with him. Judging from the pictures, we're sure she's even more playful when they're alone.

"What the hell is this?" Father yells, throwing the newspaper at Taehyung. His eyes are wide, ears red. Right now he looks exactly like Seokjin.

Taehyung doesn't answer. His eyes scan the floor as if he hadn't been living in this house all of his life. It's a habit he has when under pressure or nervous. Avoid eye contact.

Mom had been the one to bring the article home. On her morning breakfast trip with the ladies, they all happened to notice the odd stares being sent their way. Neither of them understood why, but when she came across the newspaper, everything made sense.

Now we're all seated in front of dad, like we used to when we were kids. Except this time we're joined by Jimin and Jeongguk. Namjoon had brought them here thinking he was doing a good job in keeping them from their parents. He regrets it now.

"How dare you embarrass your parents like this? Getting drunk in public? Making out like two hormonal teenagers? Have you lost your minds?" Father continues.

My eyes find Jeongguk. He's opposite me and staring at my face with worry. It's the look he does where he looks conflicted, biting his lips. Next to him is Jimin. His face is blank, hiding every emotion he feels inside. Between the five of us, he looks the most composed. He's used to getting yelled at.

"And you Namjoon. Why were you there? Since when do you run around with these rascals hm? Did I not ask you to be on your best behaviour?"

Namjoon locks his jaw. Like Taehyung he also doesn't meet our father's eyes.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I didn't think it would turn out this way. Yes, we went to Love Maze, but everything stated in that article is not the truth-"

"When do they ever tell the truth?" Dad cuts him off. "You kids should know you're under the spotlights all the time. They're waiting for you to mess up. Ready to write a story that will taint your reputations. And Soa?"

"Father." I answer, meeting his eyes.

"Fix this." He motions between Jeongguk and I. "Before I find you a suitable husband myself. This is not the type of behaviour we agreed on. Had you listened-"

"It wasn't like that." I interrupt.

Father turns to me, eyes filled with anger. Taehyung gives my knee a push as if to say "shut up".

"I know you're angry and I'm sorry, but it wasn't at all what it looks like. We'd never do anything to embarrass you."

My father gives me a stern look. One that's filled with disappointment. "Just fix it. We're done talking about this."

The meeting ends. Namjoon goes to his room with a heavy sigh. I don't miss the light glare he gives Jeongguk. The latter just stares at his retreating figure.

Father leaves as well, giving each of us a hard stare. Jimin lets out a giggle when he is out of earshot.

"We should do this more often. I kind of like the sight of your father upset." He laughs, eyes disappearing into half moons as he does.

"He looks exactly like Jin. I had to keep my face so straight otherwise I'd end up laughing." He continues, giggling to himself.

I smile at him. It's true. Father and Jin look the most alike when angry. No one else gives him any sort of response. Taehyung is on his phone, probably typing out an apology on Instagram.

"Will you ever take anything seriously?" Jeongguk asks, voice sounding strained.

He has the habit of tonguing his cheek when he's annoyed. Like when Taehyung hid his phone for a day or when Jimin cut his hair in his sleep. This time it's directed at Jimin again.

"Did I tell you to kiss her in front of paparazzi?" Jimin asks, his mood shifting. The happy atmosphere shifting along with him.

Taehyung lets out a quiet "guys stop", his phone in his pocket. Jeongguk gives Jimin a shove. Jimin lands on my lap. "What's wrong with kissing my girlfriend?"

"You jealous you couldn't be the one to do it?"

It's a sensitive topic. One that almost cost us our friendship back in the day. All eyes turn to Jeongguk when he says that.

Jimin stands up, passes him the middle finger. "Control your temper." He strolls out of the lounge, probably into the kitchen.

Taehyung passes me a small smile, his feet following after Jimin. I like how they leave us alone to talk without mentioning that we have to.

"You're stressing."

He sighs, head falling into his hands. My hand goes to his hair, fingers lightly brushing through the strands. "We'll fix it. It's not that major."

"Yeah because they're not painting you to be the lascivious one." Jeongguk retorts.

My hands stop their motion, eyes staring at the back of his head in confusion.

"Lascivious? That's a bit extreme, don't you think?"

"You and Jimin can't take anything seriously. Maybe you should've been with him instead."

-
Authors Note:

Chapter 2 done and dusted! Thank you for reading! ❤️