TWENTYTWO - 이십 이

TROUBLE IN PARADISE FOR JEON AND KIM? COULD THIS BE ANOTHER CELEBRITY ENGAGEMENT GONE WRONG?

It's only been a week since we've all celebrated the engagement of Jeongguk and Soa. Many fans have taken to the internet and social media to congratulate the two, but it seems like there's a problem.

Yesterday Jeongguk removed his latest post with Soa, showing off her engagement ring and we're wondering what exactly is going on. The heir of Jeon Corp. then went on to post a series of pictures with his father in Italy.

On the other end of the spectrum, Soa still has her photos up, but what's weird is her recent post dedicated to her brothers and best friend, Park Jimin, with the caption         "Here's to my favourite men." She then went on to change the caption underneath her engagement post with Jeon from "Future Mrs Jeon." to "Euphoric love."

Don't worry. We're just as confused as you all. We hope they'll figure things out soon.

"Reading that rubbish won't help you figure things out." Dad's voice comes out sounding harsh. It's not unlike him to speak in such a degrading and straightforward manner, but I expected him to have a little more grace since he knows what I'm going through. Being in Italy is supposed to help me clear my head. So far, all it's done is cause more confusion.

I'd seen Soa's recent post dedicated to all the men in her life. Unlike what's stated in the article, I was part of the group. The whole series being pictures captured at Namjoons wedding. The night I intended to take our relationship to the next level because we've been talking about marriage since university. Now I just feel like I made a mistake.

It's like I'm stuck in the ocean, drifting without any real direction. My head is clouded with uncertainty, guilt, sadness, a lot of anger, but most of all longing. I miss her, a lot, but at the same time, I'm also ashamed for the way I expressed myself. Between the two of us, I'm supposed to be the level-headed one. The more mature one.

We haven't been in contact at all. Only a measly text I'd sent her before leaving for Italy. Ever since I'd left her there crying, I hadn't spoken to Soa. Her tears and the sadness on he face still plagues my mind. A part of me wishes she'd cave and just send a message, but I also know I must have scared her from doing so. I also can't break my own request.

"I just need to know that Soa's okay." I sigh, brushing a hand through my hair. "Taehyung won't answer me and Jin doesn't know." I don't believe Jin, but I respect him choosing his sister over me. They've always been a close pair, not as much as Taehyung and Soa, but close enough for me to accept his lie.

"As much as I dislike the girl, reading articles won't help anything." Dad faces me with his eyebrows pulled into a frown. "If you can't handle a few days apart, why put an end to things-"

"We're still together." I correct. Something I've had to do too many times. First with Mom, then everyone else in our friend group. Even Namjoon phoned me all the way from Busan. Like the rest of them, he sounded ready to show me just how much he's picked up since working out.