𝐗𝐕𝐈. BACK TO HOGWARTS

CHAPTER SIXTEENBACK TO HOGWARTS

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
BACK TO HOGWARTS

§ § §

Riding the dragon was almost as fun as riding the hippogriff in Care of Magical Creatures class back in third year.

Except I was thirteen and not trying to destroy pieces of the darkest wizard to ever live's soul.

"Alright, get ready to jump!" Harry yelled over the wind as we approached a wide lake. The rest of us looked at him sharply. "What? We can't stay on this dragon forever!"

I groaned, but knew he was right. When he counted to three, we all let go of the dragon's back, and dropped down into the water below.

Before I could swim back up, a sudden dizziness hit me, along with a sense of overwhelming anger.

Then I saw Voldemort. He was furious, and he was in Gringotts. Green lights flashed and bodies fell as he attacked the workers in the bank.

I saw the ring. The ring Dumbledore had gotten last year. I saw Tom Riddle's diary, spoiled by the inky hole in the cover.

I gasped as I surfaced the water, seeing clearly for a moment, before more green flashes of Voldemort killing clouded my vision. I saw the locket of Slytherin, destroyed by Harry and Ron.

Voldemort was angrier than I had ever seen. He let his thoughts wander, and then I saw it. Hogwarts. More specifically, the ghost of Ravenclaw. Then a flash of Hufflepuff's cup we stole.

More bodies. More green light.

And then Voldemort stopped, and looked straight ahead. Straight at me. I went back underwater and shook my head, hoping to clear the visions. When I surfaced, they were gone.

"You saw it too?" Harry called, and I looked over to see him in the water next to me, looking as shaken as I felt.

I gulped and nodded. "Y-yeah. Come on."

Together, we swam to the shoreline, where Draco, Ron, and Hermione were already climbing up the rocks.

"He knows," Harry said quickly as we met up with them, walking along the rocks. "You-Know-Who. He knows we broke into Gringotts, he knows what we took, and he knows we're hunting Horcruxes."

"How is it you know?" Hermione asked, her face pale with fright.

"I saw it!"

She frowned. "You let him in? Harry, you can't do that!"

"Hermione, we can't always help it," I said, jumping to my brother's aid. "Well, maybe we can. I don't know."

"Nevermind- what happened?" Ron asked.

We reached the top of the hill, where there was more grass, and Hermione pulled some extra, dry clothes to change into as Harry explained.

"Well, he's angry. And scared, too. He knows if we find and destroy all the Horcruxes we'll be able to kill him. I reckon he'll stop at nothing to make sure we don't find the rest."