𝐗𝐗𝐈. FIENDFYRE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONEFIENDFYRE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
FIENDFYRE

§ § §

"Shit!" I yelled, ducking down quickly as a window of the staircase we were in exploded. A Death Eater flew in, a cloud of black smoke above our heads.

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled, and stun it. I looked around and saw that the halls were still full of kids, but there wasn't anything we could do. At least I knew the Order was spread around the school.

A pair ran up to us- Ginny and Neville. "Hey! You guys alright?" I asked breathlessly.

Neville, who had a gash on the side of his head, and blood dripping from it, grinned and exclaimed, "Never better! I feel like I could... spit fire!"

I laughed and glanced down, seeing that Harry and Ginny were holding hands. A question for another time, I supposed.

"You haven't seen Luna, have you?" Neville asked.

"Luna?" Harry asked, confused.

Neville nodded. "I'm mad for her! Think it's about time I've told her since we'll both probably be dead by dawn!"

And with that he was off, running through the corridors to find his love.

I smiled to myself, but then remembered Draco. A aching fear clawed its way around my heart, but I forced myself to forget about him for the time being so I could focus.

The pillar near us shook and debris fell from it. I tugged Harry's arm. "We've gotta go."

He looked desperately at Ginny, then surged forward and kissed her. She kissed him back and then pulled away, nodding. "I know."

I opened my mouth to comment, but thought better of it. Harry's had to deal with Draco and I, it was only fair I didn't interfere with this.

He turned and we started pushing through the crowds to get to the Room of Requirement. As we got higher up, there was less, and then no students around.

"Watch it!" Harry called, as the ceiling above us began to fall.

I closed my eyes for a moment and casted a silent Protego, creating a shield over us until we were out of the falling hallway.

Which led us right to the blank wall. Where the room would be.

Not bothering to see if Harry was doing the same, I closed my eyes again and thought to myself the same thing three times.

I need to find Ravenclaw's diadem. I need to find Ravenclaw's diadem. I need to find Ravenclaw's diadem.

Opening my eyes, I saw the black outline of the door appear, and Harry stepped forward and pulled it open, leading the way inside.