𝐈𝐈. EIGHT POTTERS

CHAPTER TWOEIGHT POTTERS

CHAPTER TWO
EIGHT POTTERS

§ § §

Hermione captured me in a bone-crushing hug the second I pulled open the door. My arms hung limp for a moment before they slowly returned the hug. She pulled away and frowned. "Are you alright?"

I tried to put on my best fake smile and nodded a bit. We walked into the living room where everyone was gathering. Mad-Eye, Hagrid, Kingsley, Mundungus, the Weasleys, Fleur, Tonks, and Lupin all stood around the room.

Mad-Eye turned to me. "Ready?" He grunted. I nodded again. Everyone besides Mrs. Weasley and Ginny began filing out, preparing to head for Number 4 Privet Drive.

Lupin pulled me aside as everyone began to get ready, Hermione had gone off to talk with Ron. I looked up at Lupin's concerned face.

"I assume you aren't taking the breakup well."

I glared at him. "How do you know about that?"

"You really think none of us wouldn't notice your shift in behavior? We asked Ron, and he told," Lupin raised his eyebrows. "I know you loved him very much, but I trust you won't lose your head over just-"

"If you finish that sentence with just some boy," I seethed, and stopped. "No. I'm not discussing this. Malfoy's done, it's over. He made his choice. I'm fine with that."

Lupin's voice softened. "You're not fine with that."

"I said I'm not discussing it!" I exclaimed, anger boiling inside me. "If I say I'm fine, I'm fine, alright? Can we just go now?"

Without waiting for his reply, I walked away. Away from everyone in the group so I was alone.

The trip to Harry's was an hour by our methods of non-trackable transportation, but I didn't mind. I was silent for most of the ride, but I knew Ron was happy to see that I at least talked to him and Hermione a bit before settling into silence.

We landed without worry, and Hagrid was the first to get to the door. He knocked, and I froze when I saw Harry open the door. His hair was a bit longer. But he was still Harry. Still that same grin when he looked up at Hagrid.

Ron rushed forward and hugged Harry tightly, in which my brother returned. Hermione was next, kissing his cheek as she hugged him hello.

Harry stopped before he embraced me, smiling a sad smile. I knew he could tell I wasn't right. Wasn't myself. I knew my face was pale and there were shadows under my eyes. I was probably a bit thinner, too.

"Come here, you," He whispered, pulling me close.

I close my eyes and willed myself not to cry as I entered his embrace. My arms wrapped around him and hugged him tightly. Before, he would be the person I wouldn't go to for help. But he was my other half; my twin. He's now what makes me feel most like me.