𝐕𝐈𝐈. ANYWHERE

CHAPTER SEVENANYWHERE

CHAPTER SEVEN
ANYWHERE

§ § §

The next morning, we had a plan set in action to invade the Ministry and steal the locket from Umbridge. The only issue was that I was not involved in this plan.

"Are you serious? You can't be serious?" I asked, looking between Harry, Ron, and Hermione who all wore guilty expressions that just made me angrier. "Why wouldn't you take me? I- I'm the strongest one here!"

Harry stepped forward, trying to calm me. "Giovanna, you know the Prophecy. And you heard what Lupin said Dumbledore's last words to him were. There's so many Death Eaters in the Ministry and we can't risk losing you to them during this."

"Yeah," Hermione agreed. "We'll be in and out and back with the locket before you even realize that we've left."

I looked to Ron, who just offered a small smile which I scoffed and rolled my eyes at. "Unbelievable," I muttered, and stormed off to a different room.

The second the door swung shut behind me, I swung my arm with my wand and cast a spell at the wooden dresser, making it explode into splinters. I let out an annoyed yell and sunk down onto the couch.

Logically, I couldn't really blame the others for wanting to leave me behind. I had come to terms with the fact that I was about to make a turn for the worse in the upcoming days. But they didn't even trust me a little, and that just upset me.

Which, therefore, angered me.

Which, therefore, made me want to help them less and less.

And with that pleasant thought in my head, I feel into a fitful sleep.

The trio didn't wake me up when they headed out in the morning. I woke to a note on the kitchen table that they'd left and would be back by noon. And that Kreacher agreed to make me waffles if I wanted.

"How bloody generous," I growled, and pointed my wand at the note. "Incendio."

But, I did kind of want waffles.

"Kreacher!" I called and he popped into the kitchen. "Make waffles."

I then paused, my eyes widening slightly. I never treated house elves like that. Sure, I wasn't as loving as them as Hermione was with her S.P.E.W, but I never treated them like, well, a Death Eater would.

"Please," I whispered, adding on, then dropped my head onto the table. "What's wrong with me, Kreacher?"

"Kreacher does not know," the elf said as he started cooking. "Kreacher only knows that he feels more inclined to serve Master Giovanna Potter over Master Harry Potter.'

That made me lift up my head. "What?" I asked.

"Master Giovanna is more like Kreacher's old masters. Masters Black. She has the same magical energy as them and the rest of the family. The Lestranges, the Malfoys."

I really didn't like the sound of that.

For the rest of breakfast I was silent. I didn't have anyone to talk to and I sure as bloody hell wasn't going to talk to Kreacher about how Death Eater-like I was.

Although, as I ate my waffles, I decided that I wasn't going to stay stuck inside all day. Harry could keep me from the Ministry, but he couldn't keep me from all of London. And, if I got attacked, I surely could handle myself.

So when I finished eating, I got dressed and packed a bag - just in case. You never want to leave empty-handed when you're on the run.

However, the second I walked out onto the stairs to head out, I heard banging from outside the door. I froze, my heart rate instantly increasing. I drew my wand from my pocket, ready to attack. 

As I waited for the door to open, I slowly crept to look out the window. My eyes widened when I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione appear on the front step, followed by what looked like Yaxley.

A second later, my three friends had disappeared, leaving Yaxley on the front step.

My jaw dropped.

They left me. They had left me.

The anger that bubbled inside me was something I had never felt before.

The front door slammed opened to reveal a disheveled and bleeding Yaxley, who was shocked into stillness as his eyes widened when he saw me up on the steps.

Pouring all of the anger I had into the spell, I quickly pointed my wand at him and yelled, "Crucio!"

As he fell to the ground, I ran down the stairs and out of the house, knowing that it was no longer safe to stay there.

But where would I go?

I had no clue where Harry, Ron, and Hermione went, and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go back to them. I couldn't go to the Burrow, because I could put the Weasleys in danger.

I could go anywhere.

A slightly insane-sounding laugh fell from my mouth when that realization hit me. 

I could go anywhere.

I walked a few steps.

And I disapparated.

- - - 
guess who's back...