𝐗𝐗. ANOTHER DOWN, ANOTHER TO GO

CHAPTER TWENTYANOTHER DOWN, ANOTHER TO GO

CHAPTER TWENTY
ANOTHER DOWN, ANOTHER TO GO

§ § §

As Harry and I raced through the corridors, I glanced out of the windows to see McGonagall and the other's protection spells forming a bubble around the castle. Under different circumstances, it was rather beautiful.

"Harry! Giovanna! Wait!" A voice called, and I looked back to see Luna following us. "I need to talk to you both!"

"We're a bit preoccupied at the moment, Luna," Harry said, edging up the staircase.

"You won't find anything where you're going!" She exclaimed. "You're wasting your time."

That got me to stop. I turned around fully to look at her, but Harry kept moving up.

"Look, we'll talk later, okay, Luna?"

"Harry!" I called, but he ignored the both of us.

"Harry Potter! You listen to me right now!" Luna yelled, causing Harry to stop. I smirked, impressed. "Don't you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem? There's not a person alive who's seen it."

I frowned. "Yeah, that's sort of the problem, isn't it?"

Luna just shook her head. "It's obvious, isn't it? We have to talk to someone who's dead."

Harry came back down the steps to us, pausing to look out of the window. The spells has reached the ground, and all that remained was the darkness. He nodded to Luna, and she led the way.

"If you're to find her," Luna began when we reached a lower level of the castle. "You'll find her down there," she gestured to a hall.

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asked her.

She shook her head. "No. I think it's best if you two talk to her alone. She's very shy."

I placed my hand on Luna's shoulder and squeezed, silently wishing her good luck. She smiled at us, then went back the way we came from.

Harry looked at me, and I nodded. Together, we set off down the hallway. It was a corridor by the courtyard I hadn't really walked in too much. We reached a corner, where a ghost I recognized as the Grey Lady was.

"You're the Grey Lady," Harry said. "The ghost of Ravenclaw Tower."

"I do not answer to that name," she began floating away.

I stepped forward quickly. "Wait! He's sorry. I'm sorry. Your name is Helena, right? Helena Ravenclaw. Rowena's daughter."

She reformed a few feet away from us. "Are you friends of Luna?"

"Yes," Harry nodded. "She thought you might be able to help us."

Helena moved around the pillar she was behind. "You seek my mother's diadem." She turned to me accusingly, her eyes boring into me so much that I knew I couldn't lie even if I wanted.