𝐕𝐈. THE THIEF

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

THE THIEF

§ § §

"You lied to me..." Voldemort said, approaching Ollivander.

"I- I believed a different wand would work," Ollivander choked. "I swear!"

"There must be another way."

Voldemort was glaring at Ollivander.

Blinking, I slowly opened my eyes. Laying on the couch across from me, I saw Harry do the same. We shared a look and I knew he had seen what I'd seen.

My gaze shifted to Ron and Hermione, still asleep. Their hands lay centimeters apart, and I knew they must've fallen asleep holding them.

Harry and I let them sleep a bit more, and explored the rest of the house. We didn't find anything exciting until Harry pointed out a nameplate on a door that read Regulus Arcturus Black.

Then a few hours later, we all gathered at the kitchen table, reading over the note in the fake Horcrux once more. "I know I will be dead long before you read this," Harry recited. "I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it."

"R.A.B is Sirius's brother?" Ron asked.

"Yes," Hermione confirmed. "The question is did he actually destroy the real Horcrux?"

Something shifted behind Ron and Hermione's seats, and we all looked over to where the sound had come from. I shared a nervous glance with Harry, rising from my seat to get a better look. Harry did the same.

Harry nodded to the door by the wall and walked over, gripping the handle. He waited a second and then pulled it open, grabbing- Kreacher.

"Kreacher?" I said in surprise, watching the elf yell as Harry pushed him into the kitchen.

"Been spying on us, have you?" Harry scowled.

Hiding behind the counter, he mumbled, "Kreacher has been watching."

Hermione glanced at me, "Maybe he knows where the real locket is." I turned and grabbed the fake one and held it up in front of Kreacher.

"You've seen this before?" I raised my eyebrows. The elf ducked. "Hey, you little shit-" I walked forward, but Harry stuck out his arm, keeping me back.

"It's Master Rugulus's locket," Kreacher stuttered.

"But there were two, weren't there?" Harry pressed. "Where's the other one?"

Keeping his eyes on the locket in my hand, Kreacher muttered, "It was here. In this house."

"And now?" I asked impatiently. "Did someone take it?" My mind wandered to Mundungus Fletcher, who had robbed Grimmauld Place after hearing of Sirius's death.