𝐗𝐈𝐈. THE WAY THEY LEAVE TELLS YOU EVERYTHING

CHAPTER TWELVETHE WAY THEY LEAVE TELLS YOU EVERYTHING

CHAPTER TWELVE
THE WAY THEY LEAVE TELLS YOU EVERYTHING

§ § §

My hand came up to hit my forearm as a hot, searing pain ran through it. Draco shot me a worried glance from across the table. It was dinner and Voldemort was not occupying his usual seat at the head of the table.

At first I'd thought nothing of it. Probably on another search for Merlin knows what, but today he hadn't told anyone where he was going when he left.

And now my arm was burning where my lightning blot scar used to be, and suddenly Draco and the table in front of me disappeared and was replaced by a small and dark house, a terrified boy, a screaming girl, and a large snake.

"No!" I yelled, blinking, and seeing Draco again. All the Death Eaters were staring at me, and I quickly got up and walked from the room. The footsteps behind me indicated that Draco was following.

"What? What was it?" He whisper-yelled, as we made our way into the hallway. I turned to him, tears blurring my vision.

I took a few deep breaths to clear my head and keep my voice from wavering as I said, "Harry. He's found Harry."

The next few days passed agonizingly slowly. My only relief was that I knew Harry hadn't been caught, since Voldemort still hadn't returned to the Manor, and since I still felt Harry's presence. 

However, I was oh so very wrong.

I was reading one of the very many books from the Malfoy's library when Draco came hurtling into my room, his eyes wild and fearful.

Instantly, I was on my feet, a concerned expression dancing across my face. "What is it? Are you alright?"

"Your..." he breathed, seeming to find the right words to say. "Your brother is here."

Four words. Four words is all it took for my world to come crashing down, for my heart to momentarily stop beating. Draco strode forward quickly and took my hands in his. 

"You need to leave," he whispered, and my eyebrows shot up as I stepped back.

"What?" I exclaimed.

Draco stepped forward. "Giovanna, they aren't sure if it's Harry or not. And in about a minute they're going to come up here and bring you down there and make you tell them if it is or not, and as great of an actor as you are, you won't be able to mask your features and not give a single thing away when you see them."

That caught my attention. "Them?"

"Weasley and Granger are here, too."

My heart froze again, but the gears in my brain kicked to life. Draco was right, I couldn't stay and get brought down there. But I couldn't leave them.