Chapter 1 The short, freckle-faced, red head with the friendly eyes

UNDER EDITING, though feel free to read anyway. I'm only going to edit my many spelling mistakes and won't do anything to the plot.

Oh! And I'm changing (name) to (Y/N), just in case you read faster than I edit (Which you most likely do) and get confused...

+ I'm adding Edited** to every chapter I have editeded (Is that even a word?)!

Sooo... Edited**

This is more of a pre-chapter thingie... Its purpose is to let you get to know the main character (you) a bit before the real story begins. It's also written kind of weird, but please bear with me! It will get better! After the first few chapters... <3

***WARNING***

I'm not afraid to kill characters and I'm not sensitive to anything within the theme 'death', so if you're sensitive to that theme I suggest you don't read this.

I won't kill you! And I won't kill any Harry Potter characters that's not supposed to die! But I can't say the same about other characters that I make up.

This is just a heads up!

This is also a slow romance, so don't expect to get all 'lovey dovey' too soon.

________________________________________

Your parents are muggles, so when you got your letter from Hogwarts, it came as quite the surprise. Though you had always had a feeling you were different from the other kids.

The other kids in your class couldn't set fire to curtains or shatter glass with only their mind, but you, you could. You knew you were a tad bit more special in a way and so did the other kids, that being why you never really had any friends. They were scared of you, always saying that weird things happened whenever they got close to you, so you were always alone. You didn't really mind that, since you liked being alone and by now you had been alone for so long that you didn't even notice.

You are also an only child and so are your parents, which means you have no cousins, or aunts or anything. The only family you have are your parents and a grandmother living somewhere in Norway.

Speaking of your parents, they were really proud of you, of you being a witch.

'I always knew you were special!' Your mother would tell you. 'And I know you will do great things!' Your father was also very proud of you, or so he told you a few times.

When you were even younger, your mother used to tell you a lot of stories about dragons, some good and others bad, but you loved every story. Your mother was a writer, and she wrote all kind of stories about dragons, some being so detailed you almost thought she had seen one with her own eyes. Your father on the other hand was a leader in some big business company, you had never bothered to ask what he did, but by the look of the house you lived in, you guessed he was successful.

Of course, you had to get your new things and so you and your mother managed to find Diagon Alley together. When you first arrived in the magical town you had found the people kind of weird, but soon after you had grown to love it there and was really looking forward to a life as a witch. Maybe you could finally feel like you belonged? That you weren't as 'special' as the other kids called you.

When it reached the first of September you went to King's cross station, said goodbye to your parents and entered platform nine and three quarters -with the help of a really nice wizard family- and got on the train that lead you to Hogwarts. You didn't really meet anyone on the train ride, or of course you met a lot of other kids like you, but you didn't properly introduce yourself to anyone, but that was ok! You had managed fine by yourself before and so you would now.