Chapter 12 So you're just going to leave me?

Edited**

You didn't pay much attention during the welcoming feast. You did catch Fred and George getting sorted into Gryffindor, which honestly didn't surprise you, but everything else just went in one ear and out the other. You almost didn't hear when you could start eating, but it didn't really matter since you weren't that hungry. Finally the feast ended, and you could return to your dormitories, but you were stuck walking behind the first years since well, you didn't know the password.

It's weird how small the first years are. Were you that small too?

Finally you reached the portrait. It took a few more minutes, but you eventually learned the password and went straight up to your dormitory. You might be overreacting, but the day had just been horrible to you. Feeling like you really didn't want to deal with anyone anymore you quickly put on your pajamas and went straight to bed, pulling the curtains so no one could disturb you.

*****

The first week hadn't been any better. Charlie seemed to have snapped and would walk around being in a really bad mood. You didn't know exactly what was wrong, but you had an idea. He had been strange since before school started and he had told you about him almost dying last year. Was that his problem? Being at Hogwarts brought back those memories? When you thought about it, you had both heard and seen Percy nagging at him for something... maybe you should talk to him?

You just got out of Charms- which Charlie had been skipping again- when someone called your name.

'(Y/n)!' You looked behind you and saw Percy. Huh, talking about the sun.

'Yes?' You didn't really know what he would want with you, but guessed it had something to do with Charlie. Really, why else would he talk to you?

'Go and talk to Charlie!' Called it... 'He's completely neglecting his duties and he won't listen to me! Percy seemed to be really frustrated about it, but why did he think Charlie would listen to you?

'And what makes you think he would listen to me? He barley even seem to know I exist at the moment.' You had said in a more annoyed tone than you intended to. Percy is a good kid, so you had no reason to take it out on him, but there was something with him that made you a little angry. It's probably the fact that he's Charlies brother. Percy though seemed unfaced by your tone and was almost begging you to talk to his brother.

'Please (Y/n)! Just do it! He have already thrown away enough of his life as it is!' Percy did have a point... Charlie had been... what should you call it? Slacking off? Whatever he did it wasn't really good for his health, or grades...

'Fine, I'll talk to him, but I won't promise that it'll help.' Percy thanked you and went on his way. Well... now you just had to find Charlie.

*****

You had been searching all over the castle, but you couldn't find him. Maybe he was avoiding you on purpose? You turned around to check if he was hiding behind you or something, but he wasn't. There were only two places left. The Forbidden Forest and the boys dormitory. It could be that he was moving around, and you just missed him, but you never knew. Of course you could ask someone if they had seen him... maybe you should have done that right away?

You loudly sighed. Maybe you should try again tomorrow? Upset with yourself you went on your way to the library so you could work on an assignment Professor Snape had given you two days ago. You walked past the clocktower Courtyard when you recognised the voice of Percy. You could hear him lecturing someone and looked up to see what was happening and-

Charlie!

He was sitting quietly on the fountain while Percy said something you couldn't quite catch. Then Percy huffed out loudly and looked away, annoyed, until he noticed you.