Chapter 5.5 Yeah, it's wonderful

Edited**

Christmas was around the corner, and you stayed back at Hogwarts like you always did (except for last year). Almost everyone had gone home this year, leaving maybe about fifteen students in all and you were sure none of the people you talked to were there. Not that it bothered you, you had never been much of a Christmas person anyway, but there was one thing you always did, and that was giving Charlie a present. Which you had forgotten to do this year...

That leading to what you were doing now. You were on your way to the owlery, so you could send him his gift, it wasn't that big so you were sure Freya wouldn't have a problem with it, but as you were heading out of the castle you saw some very familiar medium-long red hair talking to Hagrid.

You could recognise Charlie no matter what and you knew right away that it was him standing there and the happiness you felt was so strange. He hadn't seen you yet and you didn't want him to see the gift so you snuck back in so you could hide it.

After placing the gift safely in your room you choose to stay in the common room in front of the fireplace, reading a book about dragons you had been wanting to read for a while.

*****

You didn't know how long you had been reading, but you were so into the book you didn't even hear when the portrait had opened, and someone walked in. That was until some hands had covered your eyes.

You instantly knew it was Charlie (who else would it be?) and almost jumped over the sofa to give him a hug, though you didn't jump and instead dragged him to you and gave him a hug over the sofa top.

'Why are you here?' You were curious, since Charlie always went home during Christmas.

'Am I not allowed to stay here?' Charlie smiled humorously, still half hugging you.

'That's not what I meant! Why aren't you on the train? You always go home during Christmas!' Charlie had released you by now and was sitting down on the sofa right next to you.

'Ah, you know... I wanted to see what Christmas at Hogwarts is like at least once before we graduate.' He leaned back on the sofa, crossing his arms behind his head as he said that. You weren't convinced that was the true reason but decided not to ruin the moment and played along.

'Well, in that case, there isn't much to expect. Usually nothing too exciting happens, but at least it's quiet.' You finished and leaned back down on the sofa with the open book on your lap.

'I don't mind that! Quiet can be good sometimes, that's why I'm friends with you.' You hit Charlie with the book but laughed it off with him.

*****

You spent the whole Christmas break together with Charlie, which you of course didn't mind! You loved every second you got to spend with him, and during this break there had been a lot of those seconds!

The school had also been almost deserted, giving you a lot of freedom in a way. Now there weren't other people in the common room that wanted to use the sofa or needed silence so they could do the homework they were too lazy to do in the library. Now you had the whole common room to yourselves. Not that you spend that much time in there to begin with, but you liked the privacy.

*****

Under the Christmas dinner all the tables had been moved to the side, leaving one long in the middle of the great hall. Since you were so few Dumbledore had decided to mix the houses and get a more 'close Christmas feeling'. And you had to admit that it had been a bit cosier than the years before.

You hadn't really cared for Christmas the years before, not even when you were little, but when you celebrated with Charlie, you suddenly seemed to care. Maybe it was because you were actually celebrating with someone, or because that someone is Charlie... You were still very much in love with him but didn't have the courage to tell him.

*****

It was Christmas morning, and you were sitting in the common room waiting for Charlie to get up. You didn't know how long you had been sitting there, staring into the newly lit fireplace, but it hadn't been too long before some known hands covered your eyes.

'So Sleeping Beauty finally decided to get up?' You knew Charlie wouldn't get that, but you still had to say it.

'Sleeping what?' Yup... he looked just as confused as you thought he would.

'Never mind, it's a muggle thing. Merry Christmas Charlie!' You gave him the best hug you could, since he was still on the other side of the sofa. He looked a bit confused, probably because of the Sleeping beauty part, but soon hugged you back.

'Merry Christmas (Y/N)!' You stayed like that for a few seconds before he pulled back. 'I have something for you.' He said as he pulled something out of his pocket. It was a small gift wrapped in (favourite colour) paper since he knew you liked that colour. He then handed it over to you, which reminded you.

'I have one for you too.' You said and picked up the small gift you had lying next to you and handed it to him.

You opened the gifts in silence. Charlie had given you a necklace. It had a silver chain with a small phial hanging from it and the phial was filled with something, but you weren't completely sure what it was. Still you found it beautiful.

'It's phoenix tears, I have heard that they have great healing powers and thought it might come in handy someday.' Charlie didn't look at you as he said that, but instead at the gift you had given him. You saw his ears had turned red but didn't comment on it.

'Where did you get this? And don't say the Forbidden Forest!' You turned to look at him as you said the last part. He laughed and turned to look at you too.

'I won't tell you!' He smiled and looked at the gift again, which also is a necklace.

'It's a dragon necklace, or it's made from real dragon scales... I made it myself!' You were never really good at explaining things, but it seemed like he understood what you meant.

'It's wonderful (Y/N), I really like it!' He pulled you against him and gave you a sideways hug.

Yeah, it's wonderful.

___________________________________________

A filler chapter I felt like writing~

I'm not too happy with it but felt like it gave you and Charlie a closer bond!

word count 1,164