Chapther 11 What?

Edited**

It had become night-time and you hadn't seen Charlie since you joined his family at dinner. You had been sitting next to him, but he barley talked to you. Actually, he barley said anything to anyone, but you had seen Fred make some weird hand-gestures at him together with George, though you didn't think too much about it since they always did something weird when you sat next to Charlie, or just in general.

You were currently laying on the bed in your room. You had gotten ready for bed early since you honestly didn't think Charlie would come over, but there was one problem; you couldn't sleep. Was he angry with you? You had been staring at the cracks in the ceiling for a few hours while trying to figure out what was wrong, but you hadn't found a conclusion yet. Then you heard some soft knocking on the door. At first you didn't think much of it, until you heard it again and then went to check. A part of you hoping it was Charlie, but at the same time not. You opened the door and saw the back of none other than the sun himself. It looked like he was going back to his room, so you silently called out to him.

'Charlie?' He turned around right away looking a bit startled.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up!' He whispered as he faced you.

'Don't be sorry, I said you always could come over if there was anything! Come quickly now before we wake someone up.' You said as you waved him over to you. He walked into your room, and you closed the door behind him, then went over to the bed and sat on it, also gesturing for Charlie to come sit next to you, which he did. 'So what brings you here at two in the morning?' Charlie got comfortable on your bed before he answered.

'Ah you know, Percy's snoring kept me up.' You looked at him weirdly, but still kept a smile on your face.

'You have never complained about Percy snoring before... it that really why you're here?' You asked, and Charlie straightened up on the bed.

'No, not really... I couldn't sleep.' He looked around the room, anywhere but at you.

'I guess that makes two of us.' That made him look at you for the first time since he entered the room.

'Why couldn't you sleep?' He asked.

Yeah... why couldn't you sleep? There might actually be multiple reasons as to why you couldn't sleep. One of them being Charlie himself, but you didn't really want to admit that to him. Another reason... well...

'You know... we are reaching the end of our time at Hogwarts... two years isn't really that long... and what if something happens this year? Something that... changes everything?' You held your hands on your lap as you looked at the floor. Charlie then came a bit closer to you.

'So what if we're reaching the end? That just means the real adventure is about to begin! We are going to work with dragons, and I truly believe that!' You smiled at his attempt at making it better. You always found it charming how he always managed to drag dragons into everything, but you were still worried.

'But what if something happens? Something that makes me fail an exam and then-'

'That won't happen!' Charlie cut you off. 'You've got an even bigger chance than me, so now you're just being ridiculous.' You weakly smiled at him. Should you tell him about fourth year? About your parents...?

'Charlie... you know at the end of our fourth year...? I never really wanted to tell you this, but I was supposed to become a prefect together with you... but then something happened, and McGonagall thought it would be better if someone else got the task...' you didn't know how to tell him and looked down at the floor again. Charlie too was very quiet, but he eventually came even closer to you and lifted your face to look at him.