Chapter 34 I'm here, am I not?

Why did you agree to this? You angrily thought to yourself while you packed the last of the things you needed in a small bag, getting ready to leave for the Quidditch World Cup. You didn't even know who was playing! Who were you supposed to root for? Would you even root for anyone? Throwing your bag on the small couch you owned, you paced around the room, letting your thoughts wander for a bit.

Why'd you even let Connie convince you? Oh yeah... the reports... you had agreed to all of this just so you wouldn't have to write a single report for a month, so in a way it was probably worth it. It was only one night anyway... what could possibly go wrong? Sighing to yourself you picked up your bag and went outside, locking the door behind you. It's not like you're going to die... and if you faint there will be people you know around you to make sure you are ok. Letting out one final sigh you walked to the spot you were supposed to meet the others. Yes, you could apparate, but thought that you'd do good with a little bit of walking.

*****

It didn't take long before you met up with the others, most of them already waiting for you, as it was only you and Maddie missing, though she came just a few minutes later, carrying some kind of map. You spendt maybe fifteen minutes looking at the map she brought, memorising where you were supposed to go as it wasn't excactly easy apparating somewhere you had never been before. When all of you finaly felt comfortable enough you went on your way, just to meet up again by the entrance of the camping site.

Getting instructions from a tired looking man, you were told to go to the first field and look for a muggle by the name of Mr Roberts, which honestly wasn't that hard as there was only one man there who looked like one.

You did feel bad for Mr Roberts, him having no idea what was going on and having to get a memory-charm every now and then just so he wouldn't figure out the whole camping site was filled with wizards and witches. Connie having talked a little bit too loud while Maddie tried to pay the man, he overheard Connie talking about Quidditch and suddenly some man popped out of nowhere and obliviated the poor Mr Roberts. You also learned that this was the seventeenth time they had done it to the muggle, making you wonder if Mr Roberts had noticed that he didn't remember most of his day. Either way, you got the directions and went on your way, not thinking anymore about the muggle as you had gotten a new thing to worry about, putting together the tents. Luckily Connie had been on a lot of camping trips with her family, so her being in charge of putting them up actually made the whole thing go pretty smoothly.

After the tents had been put up, and everyone had put their stuff away inside the bewitched tents you heard a groan come from Maddie, which wasn't like her to do.

'Whatever you do, don't agree to a bet with my uncle.' Maddie said as calmly as she could. No one really got to say anything about it as you heard a loud voice call Maddies name from a distance.

Looking over you saw something that kind of resembled a giant wasp, but as the thing came closer you noticed it was a person, or more closely a man, in yellow and black-striped Quidditch robes. The man having a squashed nose, short blonde hair and round blue eyes which you noticed were the same shade as Maddies, finaly figuring out that this man was indeed Ludo Bagman.

Ludo seemed like a very jolly man as he was almost jumping around and waved to everyone he knew, kind of the opposite of what Maddie was like.

'Ah, Madelyn my dear, how was the trip? I see you found your spot without my help, that's good!' He quickly spoke, not really letting the girl speak. 'And these must be your friends!' He said as he turned to face everyone else.

'Co-workers actually.' Maddie finaly got to say before she introduced each one of you to the man.

It felt kind of wierd to shake hands with someone famous and having them know your name, but Cody might have been the one the most star-struck as he was stuttering out, thanking the man for the tickets while he got a handshake. Cody had always tried to get Maddie to introduce him to her uncle, as he had been a really big fan of the man, but Maddie always said no, and now he was actually meeting him without knowing he was going to. It did look like Cody was about to cry for a secound there, but he managed to keep it together.