Chapter 47 And where is your proof?

You found yourself to be back in England again, which usually tended to be nice, but not this time. This time you were there because of your trial, as the ministry believed you had stolen your wand, since acording to them, you were a mudblood. It's horrible, but that was the exact word they had used. Mudblood. You hadn't been called that since your third year at Hogwarts if you remembered right, though you couldn't remember who had called you that, only that Charlie got a weeks worth of detention after McGonagall saw him hex the one who called you that.

You stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom at the Burrow, examining if you looked presentabel enough for the ministry. It was three hours until your trial and you were starting to get anxious.

What if they had already desided to take your wand and send you straight to Azkaban? That no matter what you said, they wouldn't listen? Your train of thoughts got interrupted by a soft knock on the door.

'(Name), sweetie? Do you need any help?' You heard Molly's worried voice from the other side of the door.

'Yes... please.' You said barley above a whisper, but she had heard you and quietly entered the room.

You didn't speak, only giving a nod or shake when she asked you a question. Molly went over your outfit, which was a brand new suit with a pencil skirt that you had bought for the occasion, as you wanted to make a good impression on the ministry, hoping it would help your case just a bit. Molly straightened a few creases on the back, but that was all.

'There you go.' She said, giving the collar of your suit a final look. 'Perfect.' She smiled a sad smile and gave your shoulder a pat.

'Thank you.' That was all you managed to say, being far too anxious about the whole thing, but Molly seemed to understand that.

'I'll be waiting downstairs with Charlie, you can come when you're ready.' She held your shoulder and softly squeezed it before she let go and walked back out the door, leaving you to yourself.

You felt like crying, but there was no way you would do that. This'll be ok... you'll get trough this! You tried to stay positive, but it was getting increasingly more difficult to do so, as most of the times you had tried to be positive it didn't end well.

After a while you chose to go back downstairs, as staying in the bathroom alone didn't make you feel any better. First you noticed Molly, who got up from the chair she had been sitting in immediatley when she saw you, then there was Arthur, who was there to help you get to the ministry, and finaly you saw Charlie. He seemed to be in his own little world, but looked up when his mother had made her way over to you.

'Now remember, (name), no matter what happens, you will always have a place here and we won't treat you any different!' Molly tried to sooth you, which you did appreciate, but it didn't really help at the moment.

So there really was a possibility that this would go terribly wrong. It seemed like they noticed your downed mood. Charlie quickly got up, and walked over to you.

'Come here, (name).' He softly said, took your hand and lead you out the back door.

Their backgarden looked like it usually did, all of the preperations from Bill and Fleur's wedding being completly gone, and the gnomes had moved back in. You noticed a few running around, only to jump back into another hole in the lawn.

'(Name).' Charlie said, getting your attention. 'This is going to be ok.' He started, taking a hold of your shoulders. 'Remember, you are a witch. You do belong in this world, and nothing that they say can change that.' He looked very serious as he spoke, and for the first time since you opened the letter you felt a little bit better.